All Topics / General Property / South Coast of NSW – Bega to Batemans Bay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of brisbanescoutingbrisbanescouting
    Participant
    @brisbanescouting

Hi All,

I’ve just finished a trip down the ‘green’ South Coast again and wondering whats people opinion on this area continued growth – particularly the coastal suburbs.

Places like Bega, Bermagui, Cobargo, Merimbula, Eden have recieved shots of growth over the previous 3 years and maybe I’m a tad concerned that I’m getting in at a time that the market has peaked or is peaking. However its still very cheap and I do agree with the media in saying that this will continue to have solid growth over a 5/10 year timeframe. I own a place s Bermagui but bought it dirt cheap in the late 90’s.

It’s definately going places but at the same time wondering what other investors felt about these areas and their potential.

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by brisbanescouting:
    [br
    However its still very cheap

Are you sure, thought the Sth Coast has already dipped.

Vincentia near Batemans Bay is back down to mid 2002 prices, we had a divorce valuation (a lot different to agent valuation ) and it had come down 27% from owners valuation, back down to his 2002 purchase price.

There are differences in area to area, but ….if you wait it might just get cheaper.

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

We’ve been wrestling with the buy or sell question with an IP in a town between Bega and Merimbula for a few months now. We also bought it in the late 90’s. Personally, IMHO, the market is at least flat. Recently we recieved an unsolicited offer on our property and that sealed the deal. SELL!!!

Kind Regards,
    Sonja

PS Having said that I don’t think owning anything on the coast is a bad thing.

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi
    I live in down here and I have not brought any thing for 2 years and my gut feel is wait prices seem to be going nowhere down if anything
    if rates go up or something things could change
    Glenn

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of brisbanescoutingbrisbanescouting
    Participant
    @brisbanescouting

I don’t think so

Some areas are going gangbusters!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.