All Topics / General Property / Bl**dy Settlement agents!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[angry2]
    Just thought I would vent my anger as settlement on our first IP was suppose to go through yesterday. Need less to say, it didn’t go through.

The saga started back on Tuesday when we went to the property manager to find out info about their services when the agent we bought through asked us if we had been to the settlement agents as there were some papers for us to fill in. (???) We had no ideas what the hell she was talking about as all papers were meant to have been signed weeks prior. (WHICH WE DID!) Turns out, the Title form was signed by the owners first because one of the owners was going overseas. Then we were to sign it, but we never did becuase they never called us.

So in we went to the office to sign the misterious piece of paper, and we asked if settlement had been booked. No it hadn’t. So THEN we asked if it would all still go through on Friday. Yep yep, can’t see there should be any problem. Of course there was because they couldn’t get it.

So now both the vendor and myself (We both used the same settlement agent), are really cross because both of us were kept in the dark. Do we have any recourse because we gave them the settlement date back in November sometime. Surely they need to pay compensation to us both as it wasn’t our faults…It was their total lack of communication that stopped settlement from going through on time!!! Vendor not angry with us thankfully. They know we had no way to know there was a problem.

Comments?
    Steph.

P.s. We used the same settlement agent as last time we bought. They were fabulous! WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Why does everyone want recourse?

Out by a day. At least the settlement agent will be more responsive to you in future and will look after you better in the future.

Are you really out of pocket except for the hassle? No use raising your blood level. Have you never made a mistake, been late forgot an appointment.

Why dont we be like the US and sue for everthing.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Geez Yack,

Don’t be so “anti” fix it!!! [tongue] Sorry, couldn’t resist, you had that coming!!! [whistle]

Scremin,

I am confused here, can you please clarify a couple of things for me:

1. What is a “settlement agent” is that another name for a “conveyancer”???

2. Who set the settlement date originally??? You say “we” but as both you and the vendor are using the same SA which party did this???

3. How have you been “inconvenienced” by this one day delay, that is, for compensation to be considered you need to establish, are either you or the vendor, out of pocket in any way??? Or this is situation merely an annoyance.

4. Was a firm “settlement date” ever documented anywhere, and if so, what is the agents reason for the delay???

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

I think you guys have got the wrong idea. It isn’t a day, it’s a week, and when I say recourse, I don’t mean sue, I mean complain to someone about them! The compensation wouldn’t be for me, but the vendor. They’re the ones who have really been inconvenienced. NOt really us. We are just super annoyed becuase they said it WOULD go through on the friday. It doesn’t settle until NEXt thursday.

MOnopoly, settlements agents is another name for conveyencer over here. We both agreed on the date back in November sometime. So the conveyencer knew well in advance when we wanted it sorted by.

Perhaps I was a little heated at that stage saying I should be compensated, but I was damn close to getting our PM to advertise property first thing monday. So I am glad we didn’t.

I had no idea that the vendors were using the same agent. I am so annoyed at how blase’ they are about it all though. In her message when she(Conveyencer) told me it wasn’t going through, she said, “If you have a problem call the principal.” So I thin she knows we were gonna be really p*ssed.

I didn’t want to get into an argument on friday. So I think I shall just write a rather heated letter to the Principal (of the conveyencer) and let him know how disgusted I was with their service.

Cheers for other views though…
    Steph.
    p.s. I just feel really sad for the vendor as they really want to finish it all. It has been their house for 30 years and wanted a clean break. Poor things…

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Thanks for explaining the SA = conveyancer term for me Scremin.

I’m sorry but I am more confused now, than I was after reading your first post!!! [wacko]

First you said:
    our first IP was suppose to go through yesterday.

Then you said:
    they said it WOULD go through on the friday. It doesn’t settle until NEXt thursday.

Am I missing something here?? [blink]

Let me get this right:

Settlement is not due till NEXT Thursday? BUT you were told it was going to go through “yesterday” right?? When is “yesterday”?? (Friday or Saturday)

And if it supposed to go through NEXT Thursday how can it be late??

I will ask again (forgive my being repetitive) but, IS THE SETTLEMENT DATE DOCUMENTED anywhere and if so, WHAT DATE is stated in same???

Cheers,

Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.