All Topics / Overseas Deals / How Who Where What – of lending

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of SeafireSeafire
    @seafire

Have just signed up for my NZ property, finance approval set for three weeks time.
    Have 20% LVR and affordability etc but are having trouble sourcing or knowing which bank lends to Australians who kive in Aus but buy in NZ. Is it best to have Aus dollar loan or NZ dollar loan.
    I am trying to source a NZ dollar loan.
    At this stage have got a broker working on it however he is not experienced in this lending scenario and time is passing has come up with a low doc loan but 2% higher than P&I, I want a fixed or P&I rate. So HOw do I get one the Who is which bank suits Aussies for this investing purpose, Where do I go to get the right loan What loan do I ask for.
    I am asking the question of those who have gone down this path before, and can send me on the right path for my New Zealand Prop Inv.
    Can Someone please simplify and claify the how who where and what for me.
    Thank you

Profile photo of mhugomhugo
    @mhugo

Hi,
    I too am going to be investing in NZ shortly. Ilived in the North Island for 14 years. I was advised by some in the know to use the ANZ Bank as it is “The Australia & New Zealand Banking Group”. You can download the forms from the ANZ NZ site, fill them out, and take them into the closest Branch in Aus. They verify your details and onforward it to the NZ Branch. Not sure of the time frame, as I haven’t done mine yet. I am in the process of setting up a Trust in NZ before I make my first IP purchase.
    Good luck. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi all,
    if you are intending to use ANZ in NZ, then suggest that same as you do here, you need to have a real person at the other end!!!.. PM me and I can provide an ANZ banker in NZ details who is very onto it with Aussie investors.
    Cheers
    Cd

CastleDreamer
    NZ Investor and Property Spotter

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hey Max-Buzz,

I got my NZ finance with ANZ through this broker…

Peter Moore, Direct Dial 067590440 email, [email protected]

No hassles, no problems, easy as…

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of MyMoneyFinanceMyMoneyFinance
    @mymoneyfinance

Hi All,

A client came to me about obtaining finance in the US to purchase a property in Texas (The merits of which are a little are still doubtful to me).

They are  setting up a LLC to own the property, in Texas.

As a newbie in this space, can you suggest any 'Bank or Broker' in either Australia or US that could look assist me at putting such a deal together?

Thank you

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

There 4 banks in aus that would deal with NZ security, 3 small banks and of course there’s the well known ANZ.

ANZ- note your broker may not be accredited with ANZ (NZ); as i think there’s only less then 5 ANZ brokers in AUS that’s accredited with ANZ (NZ) – im not one of them as well ….but i can refer you to one who is. PM me.

Else you will have to find a broker located in NZ. as per above post.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    MyMoneyFinance wrote:
    Hi All,

A client came to me about obtaining finance in the US to purchase a property in Texas (The merits of which are a little are still doubtful to me).

As a newbie in this space, can you suggest any 'Bank or Broker' in either Australia or US that could look assist me at putting such a deal together?

Thank you

Yes I can help with some information .

Alex

[email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Alex

Why dont you post the information here so we can all learn of where we can access our US Finance from?

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales
    MyMoneyFinance wrote:
    Hi All,

Thank you

From my experience so far…..my first property was north of Dallas and I used a local bank in North Texas to fund it. Forget any of the major national banks like Citibank, Wachovia, Bank of America etc….they won't lend to foreign nationals full stop. And I was only successful because the property was in their local area and I was introduced to them by someone who used to be on the bank board.
    Send me a PM and tell me where they are buying in Texas exactly and I may be able to point you to someone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.