All Topics / General Property / Villas townhouses and units

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jaime1aujaime1au
    @jaime1au

Hi, do villas , townhouses and units all appreciate at the same rate. which are better in short and long term? Also would a house and a villa in the same street appreciate at the same rate over 5 years and over 40 years?
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Profile photo of alexleealexlee
    Participant
    @alexlee

Generally, the more land content and the bigger the place the quicker it appreciates. So a townhouse will appreciate more than a unit especially in later years. New developments get smaller and smaller. So if all around you are new smaller units and you have a big old townhouse, your townhouse looks a lot better. You can always renovate inside and out: you can’t enlarge townhouses and units.

Houses will appreciate faster especially over the long term, as the density changes. In 40 years areas either become luxury houses or turn into medium density. If you’re thinking long term, houses are best because the big money comes when you can change its use: i.e. from a house to units, etc.

5 years is a little short-term for property unless you’re in a hot market.
    Alex

Profile photo of jaime1aujaime1au
    @jaime1au

Thanks for the info. Is a villa considered a unit when someone talks about projected growth for units and houses or is it closer to a house?

Profile photo of alexleealexlee
    Participant
    @alexlee

Generally, if there’s a body corporate, treat is as a unit (townhouses, units and villas would be included here). If there’s no body corporate, it’s a house.

My own definition: if I can blow it up without asking the neighbours first, it’s a house!

Profile photo of jaime1aujaime1au
    @jaime1au

Cool, got it!

Thanks, Jaime

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

When investing in property I don’t discount one type of property over another.

If I can see the opportunity for villa/s in the area that I want to invest then I will go for it.

If my research tell me that people in the area like to live in house then I will try to stay away from other type.

Therefore, different area with different people will prefer different type of house. Do your research into the area then you will find out what type of property they prefer in the area.

Kind Regards

JetDollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.