All Topics / Value Adding / help with development

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ratherBfishnratherBfishn
    @ratherbfishn

Hello all, I have a 1/4 acre property in Portland which currently has a two bedroom house in fair condition on it.

I am thinking of building some town houses on the site, and would appreciate any feedback, ideas, tips on legals and what would be the best starting point to achieve this.

The property is dual zoned residential/commercial,
    and has a cuurent market value of approx, $140-160k

I have another property in Melb, west, with approx, $60k equity.

Any help and advice regarding this, would be greatly appreciated…..

Thanks…..rBf

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

questions you need answers to.
    How much will they be worth when finished?
    How much to build?
    How many can you get on the block?
    Do your figues . See if it is worth it . To get ideas on these figures have a look at ones completed around the area . talk to a town planer and talk to a builder that builds units around the area talk to the council about what you can do . Then once you are ready to build worry about finnance then . You can always get investors to finnance the project if you offer them some profits . But one step at a time . It will all fall into place once you start the ball rolling. [drummer]

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi RBF,

I’d be happy to help you with obtaining the planning permission, if you need professional assistance. If you want to do it youself, have a look at the following link. Its complex, but will give you all the information you need as to what zones, overlays etc. affect your property and also what the controls are applicable.

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/planningschemes/

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.