All Topics / Value Adding / Investing In Frankston

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

We just spent the weekend away on the Mornington Peninsula (Cape Shank) and as I drove through Frankston I remebered this post.

What struck me again is how Frankston is surrounded by more expensive suburbs to the north (city side) and to the south Mt Eliza all the way to Portsea. Frankston has been bypassed and values should rise becuase of the price differntial.

I would steer clear of Frankston Nth – there are areas in Frankston with better growth potential.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of tombolatombola
    @tombola

Hi there, I am new to this andlive in the Dandenong area and also looked in the Fkston area but was a bit hesitant as I felt capital gains might be slow or non existant.[biggrin]

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by tombola:

Hi there, I am new to this andlive in the Dandenong area and also looked in the Fkston area but was a bit hesitant as I felt capital gains might be slow or non existant.[biggrin]

tombola,

Frankston is tipped to experience healthy capital growth, however it is not going to happen overnight. If you read the above comments, click on the links provided and do a bit of research you will find, Frankston has major infrastructure plans in the pipeline and consequently all of these will add value to its precinct as well as the surrounding areas along the Mornington Pennisula.

Bottom line though, if Frankston doesn’t appeal, and it won’t to everyone, you can always do what many have done for years, overlook it.[blush2]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of Julie and DaveJulie and Dave
    @julie-and-dave

yeah great replies and really helpful, have gone ahead and will be investing in Frankston, we live in Seaford so have been watching it grow for 2 years now.Have been looking in Morwell and Churchill due to Uni and coal mining industry etc, thought it might be a good bet, whatdya think all, let me know??

Julie Baldwin

Profile photo of patsypatsy
    @patsy

I noticed that there are lots of rental properties in North Frankston; It is obviously a much cheaper area than Frankston itself, however, I wonder about the potential for selling or rental in the near future.

Profile photo of theBuildingSurveyortheBuildingSurveyor
    @thebuildingsurveyor

If you are interested in Frankston North or Seaford speak to Chris from http://www.mpre.com in Seaford I have dealt with hime b4 he is very honest an will not bulls**t you so to speak. The return on your investment in Frankston North will be better than most other areas of frankston, however Capital Growth may not be as high (although properties have doubled in past few years) The Council is currently spending big dollars on infrastructure such as public parks etc.

cheers

Profile photo of carrcarr
    Participant
    @carr

I put my money where my mouth was and relocated my Real Estate business to Frankston area…

I have 3 investment properties bordering on Frankston North and am kicking myself that I didnt buy in the Pines when I First looked at the area. I would have increased my property values by 130%. Frankston North is undervalued but it is a ” buy and hold” situation. Watch Karingal take off in the next few years..Undervalued and over rented. Once it becomes real cheap compared with Marylands , punters will wake up and start buying up.Investors should already be in there.
    I am a licensed real Estate Agent now living and working within the area ( median approx 230k) having relocated from Glen Waverley/Mt Waverley ( median approx 395k) for similar properties and similar infrastructure except that Frankston has the beach

Profile photo of leggersleggers
    @leggers

i would stick to the town centre and close to the beach as poss….

Profile photo of PickworthPickworth
    @pickworth

Monopoly

Hi

For your info that freeway/tollway is now called EASTLINK.

New signs going up everywhere – at great expense !

Regards

‘ You will never go broke taking a profit ‘

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.