All Topics / Forum Frolic / How did you/he/she propose?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Hi everyone,

I recently…. like three days ago… got engaged and was wondering if your proposals were as romantic as mine…… [blink]

We knew we wanted to get married and we wanted it to happen at Christmas but with the expense of Christmas and the fact that my fiance’s (still weird saying that!) sister got engaged a month before we thought we would wait a while and also give him a chance to save for the engagement ring.
    Since we have just purchased our first home it was looking as though my fiance was going to be able to save about $3 a week towards the ring……wedding = in the year 3089.So I had a think about it and said he should just put it on his credit card (which we are paying off), so with that two seconds later he was in the car and down the street at the jewellers!!!
    By the time he got back I was three quarters of the way through cooking tea, we had guests over for tea, he showed everyone else then…..
    with my back up against the bubbling pots of vegetables on the stove wearing my tracky dacks, daggy t-shirt and mockies on (who would want to marry that![puke]) he came into the kitchen with the box, opened it, I went “Oh my god your not going to do it now are you?”(with everyone listening in the other room), he then got down on to one knee and asked me to marry him, I said “Of course ya idiot!”[love]

and that is the end of my romantic story.
    [dozey]

Mum said he gets about a 5/10 for romance but my friends say he gets a 6/10 because he got down on one knee…. I love him anyway![blush2]
    and I give him 10/10!!!![withstupid]

-Blondie[cowboy]

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

For me it was ‘orally’! (Sorry!)
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of timtamtimtam
    @timtam

[lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao]
    WHAT????
    [lmao]

so Gatsby…. who asked who then? [laughing]

Tam

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi,
    mine’s not quite as romantic either. After we’d been going out together 3 months my then boyfriend and I were watching my sisters wedding video, and he said ‘you know when we get married’…. I thought ‘not a chance in hell am I marrying you.
    Anyway, here we are 11 years and 3 children later, very very happy.
    Landt

@gatsby

landt64,
    congratulations as well as you too Blondie! Timtam, it was I who asked Julie to marry me.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

bec – great story and congratulations btw. ours was pretty special also. i asked my wife while we were sitting on public transport (a bus!!). long story but needless to say i got full marks for being such a romantic. i said i could have done it while we parachute, skydive, rock climb etc but she wld have thought i was a tosser …so i didnt.

i always say with everything in life ‘if you start with low expectations you will never be disappointed’! i remind my wife of that mindset everytime she wants to lop me!! which is often!

cheers

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Bec,

I surprised my wife by buying the ring without her knowledge, then popping the question after a night out at Darling Harbour. I was so scared she’d say no that I didn’t go down on one knee. I sat next to her and held her hand so I could not let her run away.

Anyway, she said yes. That was the first proposal and the first ring. In the end there was 3 proposals, 2 rings and 1 wedding… The second proposal was in front of all our friends and family at our engagement party. I went down on one knee then after my speech so that I could make up for my earlier indiscretion. The third proposal accompanied the second ring which I purchased as an upgrade to the first. She loved the first but it was an emerald, and I’d always wanted to get her diamonds. She succumbed and I got a jeweller friend of mine to make a three stone emerald cut diamond ring with a half carat. It cost more than her car, but boy it sparkles!

Anyway, I love my wife and proposing all those times was soooo much fun! I still propose every now and again just ’cause I love the sound of the words so much. Always gets me a kiss and sometimes something more… [blush2]

Cheers,
    Michael.

PS Aussierogue, what a great post to bring up the big 1,000 posts!

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

michael – i didnt even notice. yes i guess the post was perfect – all class and heaps of substance. hehe..

1000 posts – wow. do i get some embosted golf balls or something?

@gatsby

Timtam,
    the penny has just dropped re: somewhere in a another post you asked something about ‘my boyfriend'(?). (I think it was your reply under the work bullying post I put up). Let’s put it this way. Yes I proposed to my ex fiance but Julie didn’t say yes. She said “YES, YES,….OH YES”(lol)!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[inlove][inlove][inlove]
    Our story is romantic but stupid at the same time. We had been travelling on a round the world ticket and were on a Topdeck tour round Europe. We were in Rome (Of all places!!) and had had a marvellous day at the Colliseum, the forum, Vatican city (WE SAW THE POPE!!!WOOHOO!) and Sistine chapel.

The previous day we were at Trevi fountain and My hubby bought be a single rose. Absolutely gorgeous coz he doesn’t do that sort of thing normally! Anyway, I was already wearing my engagement ring as we had chosen it together when we were in Singapore and we didn’t want to lose it so the best thing was to wear it.

So, we had had a fantastic day, a marvellous dinner at this pub, lots of red wine to go with it, we stumbled back to our shack and were making love when we stopped, and he looked into my eyes and asked me literally 10 seconds before I was going to ask him! So no down on one knee for us!

We weren’t one for traditions and even our wedding didn’t have many traditions stuck in it.

So That moment is etched in my memory forever as it was one of the most romnatic times of my life.

Sigh… Hee hee… I look back and we were really really drunk at the time… Ha ha ha!!!

Steph.[withstupid]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.