All Topics / Help Needed! / Trying to get my head around it all!!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyPadowanPropertyPadowan
    @propertypadowan

Hi There All.

Just hoping for a quick few minutes of your time.
    I am clearly convinced Property Investment is where the money is as I do not want to spend my whole life confined to working within the walls of a supermarket.

I am yet to start but with enough equity to make some moves, I was wanting to pick all your brains.

What I am considering is investing with my wife and run a business on the side managing our properties?

Anyone out there doing the same/done the same with any tips and points of things to watch out for????

Anything will be great.
    Cheers.
    Matt…

Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron
    Profile photo of PropertyPadowanPropertyPadowan
    @propertypadowan

to further explain… I would like to turn my day-time full time job into property management; my property…

So although I am only saving 6-8% of a property managers fee, I was hoping to establish a business that I was to run that 100% managed my own properties…

Is this a thought/approach that anyone else takes? or do people just go with the ‘Employ a Property Manager’ approach???

Matt.

Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron

many investors manage their own investments, I do my own and always have done, it can be very sole building or destroying.
    It doesn’t take a great deal of time, so it’s not a full time job, unless you have 30 or more.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

PP,

After a few years of frustration and being blatantly lied to by 5 separate PMs, we were in a position to self manage and everything has been excellent since.

The wife gained her PM qualification and now works for an RE co. to gain more Comm & Ind. prop. experience.

Just saw a deal – since taken – where the tenant (a Fed. Govt agency) paid $16K p.a. to a PM to manage themselves. Getting a major slice of that action, or all of it, helps boost the return on the prop somewhat.

It can be lucrative – but I’d suggest getting a few zero’s onto the end of the deal – wouldn’t be worth my time with normal res. prop.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“Go hard or go home”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.