All Topics / Help Needed! / Comes a time when you know …..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

[confused2]

I have bought a property in July last year $339,000 rent is $320pw(seemed like a good idea at the time) but I now know that it was the wrong property to buy as it is – geared. I have 3 other properties that are cashflow + and are doing ok.

Considering the climate for selling(yes I know you should look investing for the long term) and the cap gains (50% under 12 months) what advise would forum give me…Yes I have learnt from this, but that is what it is all about.

Thanks in advance

Jenny

Jenny1

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi Jenny,
    for what’s it worth, I would hold on tight to this property. 50% captial gains in 12 months is astounding. You’ll see that a lot of seasoned investors on this site have a mix of negative, positive and neutral geared properties, so maybe you’re not doing too badly.
    Landt

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Jenny,

I prefer to look at my portfolio rather than individual properties and as such it sounds as if you have a reasonable balance.

Growth property and a few cf+ to kepp the accumulation process going.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available.

Profile photo of Julian2Julian2
    @julian2

Jenny,
    I recommend you pick up a copy of Steve’s latest book and read it from cover to cover.
    No-one can say whether you are likely to continue with your capital gains or not – that is up to Mr Market.
    Mr Market might decide that your property is going to keep on going up or he might decide you’re in for a 20% dip.
    At the end of the day it’s up to you. Do you take the profit and put it to work, or do you leave the investment alone and hope it keeps going up.
    As the property isn’t putting cash in your pocket, and as 50%pa gains aren’t sustainable I would be tempted to take the money and run. But then again I don’t know the property.
    Julian2

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi Julian2

I think it is all a bit mind boggling sometimes, yes I make my money work. I have used equity in my properties and currently have offers out on 2 new ones at the moment.

It is all very exciting as I love the process the negotiating, as I am on the net everyday there is so much choice but not knowing whether I have a dud property tying up my funds…I know need to be patient.

Thank you for all of the comments posted.

Jenny1

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Jenny,

What’s your issue with the property?

The negative gearing only?

If so I suggest you keep it. Your CG more than makes up for it.

If you are having issues with tenanting it, there are constant maintenance issues or you have reason to believe that the value of the property will slide and stagnate for a long period of time such as it being in a regional area with 20 year cycles, then you have reasons to consider getting rid of it as a ‘dog’.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.