All Topics / Heads Up! / Canberra Investors Group BBQ – 22nd January 2005

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Hi all,

On behalf of the Canberra Investor’s Group, I’d like to invite you all to our first event of the year (drumroll)….

The Overseas Investing BBQ
    This will be a relaxed get-back-into-the-swing-of-things affair where we can eat snags and talk about investing in overseas markets.

The event will be held in the ACT at the home of well-known forumite Quiggles, who, with his partner, has been buying properties in the USA with rental yields in excess of 20% (no typo). He’s happy to discuss his experiences.

There will also be several investors attending who have just returned from New Zealand with the latest market information.

Anyone interested please RSVP to Mr Ed (http://www.somersoft.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=426)

Details
    Discussion: Informal chat about NZ, USA and other overseas investment options
    Address: Provided on RSVP
    Date: Saturday 22 January
    Time: 12:30 onwards.
    Format: No charge, BYO everything BBQ. Barbie, gas, a couple of eskies and ice, plus fridge space supplied.
    RSVP: Mr Ed – http://www.somersoft.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=426

Also…..

This is one of the last times you’ll see the name ‘Canberra Investor Group’ used.

As some of you may be aware Canberra Investors Group now has a new name, the Capital Regional Investor Network or CRIN for short.

We’re still the fun-loving crowd of the last several years, but have reorganised with a full committee with President, Secretary, Treasurer and so forth.

We remain non-profit and committed to the same goals as in the past, however the new structure will help us spread the load further and allow CRIN to provide even better events through the year.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

If I can make a suggestion, ask Simon (his area) to attend or to send someone else based in Canberra to the meeting so he can talk to you about finance. Interest Free loans are not restricted to Australia. They can also be written by Australian Agents for properties in NZ, UK and the USA.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Hi Mortgage Advisor,

Simon Mack you mean – he’s a good guy.

Finance is a good topic for one of our more formal panel or speaker evemts this year & I’ll suggest it to the committee. We have evemts monthly so cover a lot of different areas – not purely property investing either, though this is a mainstay.

This one is an informal get-together so we’re not having a formal speaker.

There are several very good local Mortgage Brokers involved with the group already and I expect that at least one of them will be attending the BBQ.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I was referring to Interest Free Loans. No brokers have it. Those ‘Agents’ who do have it are no longer brokers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.