Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AnnaBAnnaB
    Participant
    @annab

I am a complete novice to developments….could somebody please tell me what the difference is between a b and c zoning?

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Anna,

Zoning gives land a designation under that States planning scheme. Each zone has particular rules as to what can and cannot be done with the land, and also what needs a planning permit before it is done.

A basic example is a residential zone. So long as the block is above a certain size and trhe building takes up less than a certain % of the land you can build a house with just a building permit. If the block is particularly small or the proposed house particularly large then you may be able to build it, but you need a planning permit. A brothel on the other hand would be prohibited.

The planning scheme is State based, but there are slight variations between municipalities.

I’m not aware of a,b & c zones, but I only operate in Victoria. Here the zones are Resedential, Rural, Industrial etc.

This is a very simplistic explanation of a complex subject, but I hope it helps.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of AnnaBAnnaB
    Participant
    @annab

LOLZ! @ brothel [biggrin]. i found the a b & c zoning refering to land in Rockhampton in Queensland. Thanks heaps 4 ur help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.