All Topics / General Property / buying a townhouse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsywoodsy
    @woodsy

am about to buy a townhouse as an investment
    is that a good idea to start off with even though i dont own my own house…..

woodsy

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

How long’s a piece of string…
    If you think it’s a good investment and you’re happy with it and it fits into what you want to do investing wise, then go for it.
    However, in this current market I believe you have to be a brain surgeon in regards to investing. One wrong move and it’s really gonna hurt! G7

Profile photo of jaime1aujaime1au
    @jaime1au

I’m looking to buy a townhouse or villa as well. The research I am doing shows that the capital growth is always approx 2 percent below a house and land package but for me that is what I can afford in an alright neighbourhood.
    What about you?

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

I wouldn’t necessarily say that townhouses are an inferior property type to houses. It will depend on location, demographics, and supply and demand.

Understand what you can afford, look at a few areas & select the right property.

Residex property reports can provide you with some insight about future capital growth suburbs. I have recently bought one and found them quite informative.

James

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

When buying investment property I never worry about whether it is a house, townhouse, villa or unit.

I research the area that I want to invest in. Find out what type of property people prefer in the area …..

I guess due diligence is the keys. Speak the agents in the area as much as possible. Write down all the questions that you want to ask before calling the agents.

If you live close to the area that you want to invest then take a trip there more often and look for opportunity.

Kind Regards

JetDollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.