All Topics / General Property / WA Property Advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of goldenchildgoldenchild
    @goldenchild

Hi there,
    I am interested in purchasing an investment property in WA and have targetted the area between Rockingham and Mandurah. Just wondered if anyone else has property in this area and what sort of predictions they have for the areas long term capital growth and prospects in general. My favoured suburbs at this stage are Golden Bay, Singleton and Secret Harbour.

I am new to the property investment forum so all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Profile photo of alfamickalfamick
    Participant
    @alfamick

Hi goldenchild,

Yep, I’ve got a good place at Waikiki that I bought back in 2000. The first couple of years it didn’t do too much, but the last couple of years that area has outperformed the Perth average and is forecast to continue to do so as the railway comes on line, and as new development at Rockingham happens etc.

When I bought, the rent was about 5.2% gross, but now it’s lower but certainly climbing – just went up $20. The area wouldn’t meet the CF requirements of many on this forum, but if you are after good CG and a reasonable rent return it’s worth looking at. I initially lamented buying there rather than QLD, but I will be hanging onto that one for quite some time now.

Cheers, Mick

Profile photo of goldenchildgoldenchild
    @goldenchild

Thanks Mick,

I did look at Waikiki and Warnbro but like the idea of Golden Bay and Singleton for its fishing village style and possible capital gain. What sort of capital growth do you think the region will have over the next 12 months.

Cheers

Bruce

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

BUY IN GERALDTON!!!!

Note: I own property in Geraldton and this post is merely an attempt at creating demand to push the value of my property up.

When I grow up, I want to be a storm trooper!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I have a 3 bed unit in Rockingham (over the road from Rockingham City Shopping Centre) and it has increase in value by 50% in the last 18 months.

Just waiting for my tenant to move out so we can repaint etc and add considerably to the current rental return.

As for expected growth in the next 12 months – who knows but I would suggest that if you adopted a longer time frame then you would be well placed to realise the gains into the future.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I can’t see it slowing down – I think it is an excellent target selection. Would be hard to go wrong with any of these locations.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

BIg Rob! SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Profile photo of goldenchildgoldenchild
    @goldenchild

Thanks Guys for all your input! Big Rob, I have looked at Geraldton but decided to go south of Perth as I have heard the beaches are fantastic down Mandurah way. Also Golden Bay is a lot closer to Perth and the pending train line and sewerage would all be beneficial for future capital gain. At least I’m hoping this creates an impact.

Cheers

Bruce

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

Goldenchild

Capital growth next 12 months, who knows but I believe your selections are good ones. That corridor is only going to keep growing.

Clive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.