All Topics / General Property / Buyers Advocates or Agents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Johnny GJohnny G
    @johnny-g

[baaa]Hi all. Know this is “old stuff” but am interested in any good news about Buyers Agents that people have used, or are using presently.I appreciate that some investors have more possibilities, time etc…, than others so I’m not concerned about personal bias. Want to contact some “decent” buyers advocates and talk about possibilities. Thanks for listening.
    JG[confused2]

Profile photo of glen irishglen irish
    @glen-irish

I have just used Advantage Property as a buyers agent for a property (settlement 4/2).

Service was pretty good, i.e. he negotiated a pretty keen price and gave good advice.

One thing they weren’t actually as good as me at (with my trusty browser skills) was actually sourcing what I wanted.

They supposedly get access to properties that aren’t listed on the web, or even listed, but I didn’t see that.

I suppose I made it harder as I just wanted good value not a specific type of property apart from a post 1985 built house/townhouse in blue chip area (Glen Iris in the end).

IMHO to sum up, they will probably help less experienced buyers a lot more (only my second property, first in this country), source yourself, and let them negotiate. It still hurts when you have to write them a fat cheque though. Although I reckon I wouldn’t have saved the amount I did off the asking price without his input.

It was up for 730+ auction Sep 2004, passed in at 680, on market for 2 more months, reduced to 650, got for 610. Valuation came in at 650.[medieval]

So I am still happy, as long as prices stay stable there.

D

I spent most of my wages on women, booze and fast cars. The rest I wasted. – George Best

Profile photo of Johnny GJohnny G
    @johnny-g

Thanks D some good things for me to think about!JG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.