All Topics / Forum Frolic / The Waiting Place

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I didn’t make it to the release of Steve’s new book but I saw reference to Dr Suess’ Waiting Place in threads discussing it. We have an entire shelf in our book case devoted to Dr Suess but nothing called “The Waiting Place” so I assumed we didn’t have it.

The other night my daughter picked a book for me to read to her that she hadn’t chosen before. It was Dr Suess’ “Oh, the Places You’ll Go”. As the story unfolded I thought that it was a very inspirational book not only for the kids but also for the adults reading it with them…

And then there it was! The Waiting Place! So true to adult life and yet here it was in my 4 year old daughter’s book. A home truth about reaching your potential written in a form that both children and adults can understand.

I now love this book and can truly say that it gave me a reminder of how easy it is to get stuck in the waiting pace without even realising you are there. It also gave me the motivation to do something about leaving that evil place and getting back to the business at hand.

It is a book that costs little money, takes little time to read but comes with my highest recommendation.

Kind Regards,
    Sonja

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Hi Sonja,

$4.99 at Target, I gave this book to one of my children for Xmas after going to Steve’s seminar.

One of the most important books I could ever give her.

Cheers

skippygirl

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Sonja & Skippygirl,

Yes I agree with both of you.
    It is a great and very profound book.

I love it !!

Del

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.