Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Michael_CMichael_C
    @michael_c

I am curious what companies to look into regarding insurance policies for investment properties and what types of insurance is needed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Michael,

You will need Landlords insurance which covers you for many ‘tenant’ issues. This should include contents coverage for the fixtures and fittings in your property.

If the property is free standing you will also need suitable building insurance. If the property is strata titled then the body corporate group will buy the building insurance on your behalf.

Above all ensure you insure yourself against third party claims – tenants tripping on things that are not there and trying to take you to the cleaners so they can retire on their misfortune.

Most large insurance companies/groups will have the required policies. Just shop around a little or get an insurance broker onto the job.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available.

Profile photo of Michael_CMichael_C
    @michael_c

Who would you suggest for insurance broking?

Thank you

Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

I don’t know about insurer brokers cause I have my insurance directly through the insurer. But anyway, I can recommend Terri Scheer for insurance, they have competitive prices and they cover you for third party claims as well. It costs me $260 a year for a 2 bedroom unit in Canberra City which I think is well worth the money.

Thanks,
    Luckyone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.