All Topics / Value Adding / Stump problem in country Vic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jcls79jcls79
    @jcls79

hi, I am interested in Horsham (Country VIC) but the drought in the past years has made most of the properties suffering from the stump being subsided. To fix it, it either needs re-stumping or jacking the house all and just putting concrete to balance the level of the house. I’ve been chatting to a few local builders and they say the re-stumping cost about 10K whilst second option is 3K (also need plasters to fix up the interiors). I am unsure about whether to invest in the area or not? All help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    john

Want to join financial independence before 31 years old, currently 25

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi John

if your question is about- is Horsham a good place to invest (which i think it is) then my answer is yes. I lived in Stawell 65km away for 7 year , until i moved to NZ in Dec 2003. I have 1 property still in horsham after selling one in about july. Having said that, my selling makes it look like i don’t like the area this is not true, i just wanted money for higher returning properties overseas.
    Why i like horsham is it is the major city in the Wimmera and the biggest city from ballarat all the way to murray bridge in SA, North south it is the biggest city from warrnambool to Mildura. I also believe it will benifit for the huge mineral sands project at Douglas south of the city. There is also mineral sands north of horsham as well as gold deposits around the murtoa area. Farming has been good to horsham over the years and often when crops fail north of the city the wetter climate south of the city produces good crops. The area has been hit hard by the 7 years of draught but i expect this will not last forever. it is expected that horsham as well as Stawell will be the only centres in the wimmera that will experience population growth over the next 25 year (dept of infrastructure), as many people retire from the land into Horsham. Horsham as the main city in the area has many government jobs which help the local economy also.

hope this helps a bit

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.