All Topics / General Property / How much time?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

I was wondering, of those who are actively pursuing property investments, how much time would you devote to scanning and selecting an ideal property on a regular basis, and how long would it take you to find an ideal property?

I really would like to get into property, but I feel that I should set some sort of minimum commitment so that I keep on track.

im unannounced

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

I spend hours, but usually checking while I am doing something else.

When somethnig grabs my attention I begin the research phase.

Of evening after dinner is when I do most my looking. Checking online, local papers…etc

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of kinkso0o0okinkso0o0o
    @kinkso0o0o

Its more of an obsession for me…Ive definately got the bug…

But, if your starting out, I’d recommend Steve’s books as well as some general wealth creation books (ala Paul Clitheroe, Robert Kiyoski)…

Putting a dedicated time figure on it would be hard to do as some hours are more productive than others…I guess do what your comfortable with…

Spend time reading from the gurus, search areas online and get a jist for it, even email the agents for more details on a property and source contacts for when your ready to buy and basically go through the researching process.

I do this just about everyday, but as said before do what you want when you want/can…the trick is to not think of it as a competition against other investors…set your goals, break them down and then go at your own pace…Your required commitment level will have already be set by your goals! EASY [specool]

Well easier said than done…Good luck mate!

Cheers,

Damon

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in practice, there is….

Profile photo of SydFinManSydFinMan
    @sydfinman

I have searched now for over three months for the ideal CF+ property and unfortunately have not found one. It has taken a considerable amount of time to do so and the frustration can get to you at times. However I am told to hang in there as there is a property just around the corner for me….

Roy

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

RE is my passion, I luv it. I dont set a particular date/time etc to research and always read as much as possible.

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

Sydfinman what you looking for and where?

3months is a long time not to find something

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of unannouncedunannounced
    @unannounced

I guess one could also ask how much research one would do researching an area and then the property in that area?

Those that are probably more strategic might spend more time researching areas beforehand, then spend time finding a suitable property in that area?

Profile photo of lukis plukis p
    @lukis-p

I have 4 ips and search the web every few weeks and am not really ready to buy anther yet. I will buy mid year and hold for ever. just secured 7.4 % fixed for 15 yrs so am in no hurray to to spenup big

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.