All Topics / Help Needed! / Forrestfield, WA?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of BonnieBonnie
    Participant
    @bonnie

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone has any information about Forrestfield, WA.
    I am potentially looking at a cheapie there to buy and hold but don’t want to rush in until I know more about the area. I’ve spoken to real estate agents who tell me that property there moves fairly quickly (at the moment) and that the vacancy rate is fairly low. Any other information anyone has would be great.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bonnie

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Bonnie,
    I haven’t carried out a search on Forrestfield. However I will soon be looking into WA. I’m currently tied up in a massive work issue which is currently taking up most of my time and mental energy. Hopefully this will be resolved soon so I can move on. If I find anything on Forrestfield in my WA search I will keep you posted. Good luck!
    Kind regards,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Beata2Beata2
    Participant
    @beata2

Hi Bonnie,

My Perth UBD tells me Forrestfield is the next- door suburb to Perth International airport on the South-Eastern side; guess where the prevailing winds come from here in Perth? It might be why it was so cheap.

B2

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

BUY IN GERALDTON!!!

Please note… I own property in Geraldton and the above comment is totally biased!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Rob,
    with your wide knowledge base (not just as a broker) where would you recommend?
    Kind regards,
    Gatsby.

@robbie-b

Ummmmmm…. GERALDTON!!!!

Seriously though, I do not like to give advice as to where to buy although I would recommend people stay away from any high-density dwellings in any CBD areas including Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

My locations include Queens Park WA, Geraldton WA and Wyee Point NSW (to eventually live in). I also hold some negative geared property in Sydney Metro. I am not recommending any of these areas for anyone else though.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

Profile photo of tikkitikki
    @tikki

I think the ripple effect is out Gosnells & midland areas at the moment. Can anyone confirm?

@robbie-b

No. The focus is on GERALDTON!!!

GERALDTON, GERALDTON, GERALDTON!!!!

hehehehe

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of RYEDGERYEDGE
    @ryedge

I have one in Redcliffe.

Suberbs a little closer westward to the city including redcliffe, belmont, cloverdale and carlisle have been increasing in value and interest for about four years now. You can’t go wrong in these areas as they are only 15 – 20 mins from the city centre.

With out lying suberbs like forrestfield just past these areas, you would be in a good spot, to grab something before the ongoing increase as its only about 25 mins direct into the city.

I recommend seriously checking out the rental market in Forrestfield alone though as it is in the foothills, and the hills are generally still considered out of the general residential area.

Not as sought after for rentals.

Cheers.

Ryan Crawford…

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

For some reason I am thinking that Rob is suggesting Geraldton.

Tell me you aren’t selling in the area.

Hahaha

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

@robbie-b

No, I just bought there. I want prices to go up!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of tikkitikki
    @tikki

Okay, ASIDE from Geraldton, they’re putting in that huge railway link from the city to Mandurah. I would say anywhere along that new track has big potential. UBD should show this.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Rob
    Gero – no doubt you are going to make great CG, pots of money being spent on various projects.

Just wandering did you manage to get a positively geared property – none left[confused2]

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

I checked there today and couldn’t find anything at Gero either on first checks.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

@robbie-b

This is the one I bought…

http://www.professionalsgeraldton.com.au/cgi-bin/clients/profmain/opropertyinfo4.cgi?gid=13518&type=comsale&propertyid=2801

Give the agent a call. He may have some more stuff. I found him very honest and easy to deal with.

The shop is expected to rent for $100 per week. This is positive for me if it does. I bought two lots for $60k so huge development opportunity when I am ready or can be bothered. I will wait until values go up a bit.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of CRUSADER1CRUSADER1
    Participant
    @crusader1

As someone who has lived in Perth for almost 40 years I can recommend various Suburbs. Some with good CG and some with +CF.
    The areas to look at are along the coast Fremantle – Mandurah right down to Denmark.
    Closer to Perth I would consider the more expensive suburbs which had below av. growth such as Nedlands, Crawley, some ereas in S/Perth, Burswood etc etc.
    I would not however invest in Geraldton. If you ever make it up there you’ll know what I am talking about
    Crusader1

@robbie-b

Crusader, I bought there for that reason. The housing authority is splitting up the housing commission areas. They are building up the university and spending a lot on infrastructure. A new park is going in across the road from where I bought. The housing commissions are being sold off to private investors and owner occupiers. I am happy to let it sit empty for 10 years when a lot of people will say I should have bought back in 2005!!!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of kchinkchin
    @kchin

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the investment property scene and was just wondering when you purchase property do you go through and see everyone. There are quite a few theories on the best way of investing ie. Steve McKnight, Margaret Lomas etc and was wondering what most of you did.

As we live in WA it is not always that easy to physically see property from other states, sometimes ever our own.

Thanks
    kchin

@robbie-b

I am happy and comfortable buying sight unseen if the numbers stack up. This provides me with more opportunities.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of ben3778ben3778
    Participant
    @ben3778

bonnie I believe if you want to buy near any capital city then the crystal ball is at the council chambers. there you can find out what other people dont know about an area, but beware that council plans do change from time to time.
    Personally best of luck to adviser, but I cant justify to myself (or the misses) about having $60,000 in geraldton and relying on CG that might not reach my goal. The fact that it is a shop only makes it harder to find a tenant for too. I looked into geraldton not long ago and for “my needs” it seemed as if the horse has already bolted out of the stable. I could be wrong (probably am). It can be very hard to predict CG, for instance last financial year there were areas down south that appreciated over 60% in 1 year, but all property goes through it’s cycles of huge CG and the next step is next to no CG (about 1-2%). In a town I once lived they had large CG for 2 years and all the developers started to build meny, meny houses and by the time the last of them was built they had flooded the market. If you say paid $200k for a house at the start then you didnt get the full CG because developers were still trying to sell the houses that they built 12 months ago at less then market value, ie thus reducing your value. I see lots and lots of adds for geralton and wonder if this will happen there.

wish you the best
    ben

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.