All Topics / General Property / Property Manager Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

Hi All,

My property manager had stated that a tenant had signed a lease as agreed however I never saw the signed contract. She is now stating that she hasn’t been able to get a hold of tenants to sign contract and now states that they are not interested. What sort of fall back do I have against her in relation to this situation?
    Also I have signed an exclusive leasing and managing authority in May 04 – can I withdraw from this contract at all as i am not satisfied with her service? The property is commercial in vic.[angry2]

Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

Is there a financial penalty for withdrawing from the exclusive leasing contract??
    Thanks

John [biggrin]

Profile photo of Yasna SimonYasna Simon
    @yasna-simon

I would suggest speaking to the principal of the office to lodge a complaint and see what sort of response you get. Also speak to the Real Estate Institute of Vic and if they are a member, you can make a complaint and ask what recourse you have.

If you have a property with a property manager and they are not “doing their job” then I would just write of letter of termination, effective immediately and arrange for someone else to pick up keys, etc for you.

Have you seen that property – is it in good condition after the last tenants left?

Hope that helps.

Yasna

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

An exclusive management authority cannot last more than 60 days in Victoria, so you are NOT locked in. You are free to chnage agents if you wish.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.