All Topics / Value Adding / Building Company Contracts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of coastgirlcoastgirl
    Participant
    @coastgirl

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this situation before and if so how did you solve it?

It seems that a lot of building companies are using the standard H.I.A. Building Contract. When carefully read it was so heavily loaded towards the builder that I was left wondering “does anyone read the fine print”? if so, how could they be happy to just sign on the dotted line and be left in an extreme risk situation?

This is my third project. This is the first one where I am building a house to sell upon completion. I have read the NSW Office of Fair Trading “Home Building Contract” and am most impressed at its complete fairness to both sides. (as it whould be).

Has anyone else been in this situation and if so, did they come to a happy result or just moved on to a builder with a more balanced contract?

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I should think you would be struggling to get a builder to take it on if it’s not their normal contract. Try asking a couple of the builders you have used to see if they would use it… would be interesting to hear their comments. I suspect – particularly in the current building climate – that they would pass you up as a customer.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of coastgirlcoastgirl
    Participant
    @coastgirl

Thanks for your thoughts Ausprop.

Just though I would put in an update on my last post.

I have been doing a lot of phone work today and have now found several builders in the area who are quite happy to use either their contract or the Fair Trading Home Building Contract.

It just goes to show that a strong determination and a lot of patience goes a long way !!!

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

very interesting post!

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of gameonegameone
    @gameone

Hi where can I get a copy of the Fair Trading Home Building Contract?

Thanks
    Pat

Take a huge bite and chew like mad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.