All Topics / Help Needed! / Pro-active accountant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of GroovaGroova
    @groova

Hi all,

I am in search for a pro-active accountant in Western Sydney. Anyone know of anyone?
    Thanks for the help,

Groova

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

What do you mean pro-active?

Chris

All post are IMHO.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Someone who will spend my money and let me sleep in all day.

But seriously – you got to ask the right questions and decide what to do. They are there just to check what you are doing is correct.

Many accountants are divided between shares, managed funds and property. So you got to be careful how proactive you want them to be.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Good Post Groova!

My family have been searching for just such a person! Having lived in Europe for 10 years and having experienced the accountants over there – they are all proactive!

My understanding of a pro-active accountant is one that not only gets your receipts and looks back over the year claiming what-ever they can for you, but also looks at your file every month/quarter/6 months and then tells you that you need to spend more money on improvements/maintenance/investments/etc or you will incurr more Tax. Conversely, if you are spending too much to also tell you that! This will then allow you to run your investments as a business (I have heared it called Management accounting – looking forward to plan the next step). Of corse, a lot of forumites here will come back and say it is up to themselves to make sure they are on track (and they’d be correct), but for some of us that aren’t as mathematically savvy, such an accountant would be of imense value!
    Having said all that, thru the process of self education (by reading Steve’s book and others) and working thru the example they have given, I have been able to not only figure out where we are at, where we have been and we are now working on getting to where we want to go! We have established a BBBUDGETTTTT, ugly word………but it works!

Originally posted by Yack:
    Many accountants are divided between shares, managed funds and property. So you got to be careful how proactive you want them to be

Good point Yack, this kind of pro-activity (pushing you one way or the other) can be dangerous! We need to be in controll of our destiny.

Cheers

C@34

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.