All Topics / General Property / Now U See It Now U Dont!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bjb007bjb007
    Participant
    @bjb007

I was quite fascinated to drive past a Unit the other day which had been on the market for a good six months (overpriced I thought) to see a SOLD sign go up. BUT within 24 hours of the sold sign going up the house on the block next to it was bulldozed, the block cleared and a gaping ugly view now into the Unit which had just sold. I just wondered to myself whether or not the poor sole who bought the Unit did due diligence to find out that his privacy and neighbour would be no more?? Curious, do you think as a purchaser the Agent would be upfront and actually tell you that this was going to happen??[font=Georgia] [confused2][/font=Georgia]

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

No

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of bjb007bjb007
    Participant
    @bjb007

That’s what I thought!! Just made me think how many things you need to consider when purchasing. I know the area and knew that a planning permit had been posted on the property over six months ago for the construction of Units (and been taken down since) BUT as a novice purchaser, looking at the neighbouring property that WAS there, the last thing you would think to ask is, any plans for it to disappear overnight??!![blush2]

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

The developer was probably the one selling the unit.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I dont really think it matters that much. If an areas has units and the house next door is on a large block and its condition is not good – you dont need to be einstein that one day they will build units on it.

So you dont need to do that much due diligence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.