All Topics / Help Needed! / Help from Steve or possibly a new book?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

Hi all,

We are a group of 3 couples and have been dabbling in real estate for about 3 years now. Upon the last couple purchasing their first investment property, we made a toast and I shouted out to the investors club. From that day we have all been thinking that we should probably get together as the MAP’ers did and meet once a month to discuss what, how, and where we are all heading.
    In the beginning when there were only 2 couples we did try to meet once a week but found that was a bit too much. We found ourselves going in different directions and unable to workout how to structure the meetings. If anyone has Ideas on structure or wait, I have another idea! Hell we could meet online, within a forum or specific site at a certain time to express ideas with agenda’s etc.
    Or maybe Steve could write another book or meeting diary????

We need help and we want it now. hehehe[daisy]

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Beck,
    It’s all depends on eoples whom you are meeting what they want and like. I meet group of people once a month and some people don’t come every month but there are people from that group i meet every week or some times twice a week and on phone/email/messangers every day. I think at the end if people are thinking in the same direction it’s not hard to meet every week or month.

Good luck.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours,Low Doc from 6.85%,Investment loan 95%+

Profile photo of p0sitiveCasHfl0wp0sitiveCasHfl0w
    @p0sitivecashfl0w
    Originally posted by **PropertyGuRu**:

I think at the end if people are thinking in the same direction it’s not hard to meet every week or month.

Some of us just can’t get enough of it all… [biggrin][mario][thumbsup2]

Who took my MONEY[?]

Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

Thanks for your reply,

The help I need is, how to hold the meetings and keep everone interested. When we are gathered specifically for property investing we need to make the most of our time. Because we are all friends its all too easy to have another glass of wine and achieve anything. Do you structure your meetings, give tasks to people. How do you learn and pass on knowledge (making sure that you are not going over ground that people don’t want to hear). I am use to meetings where everyone is working together to create one outcome each person has a task and the end result is a team effort but the same one. With property investing there are many ways, many different things to learn and many outcomes. Three couples will ultimately have 3 different journeys and outcomes. How do you go about your meetings are they formal or do they have a relaxed over dinner type of affair.

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi there,

we have time fixed every second tuesday of the month we meet.
    Some times we decide about a topic before we go for meeting and some times we just decide what we have to talk while we are in meeting. I think if people are there with mindset that they don’t want to hear something ( may be they know that thing etc ) then they should not be part of your meetings.

Our meetings are not team effort type because we all are not working together we are just sharing our knowledge and views about the topics. We also discuss what we have done in last one months with each other.

our meeting are not formal but we spends about 3-4 hours talking about properties and other investment stuff. I think meeting same minded people are enough for us to keep the intrest in the meetings.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours,Low Doc from 6.85%,Investment loan 95%+

@rebecca2

Thanks PropertyGuRu,

I wanted to make sure I could keep the interest going. I suppose your right if people start to get bored they shouldnt really be there.

Fanks
    Rebecca

Beck.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I had lunch today with some people who have been to a one or two of my seminars now and who I have said would informally mentor them (they’ve demonstrated their commitment…).

As lunch finished I said to them that I would hold them accountable to what they said they wanted to achieve.

I suggest that meeting up with other like-minded people is a good way to:

1. Announce your goals
    2. Be held accountable to them
    3. Be supported during the tough times

As for frequency of meetings etc. – I’d say whatever was needed to get the result you desire.

As for a format – at the beginning of each MAP the Mappers had to announce to the group:

*This is what I have done…
    *This is what I am doing…
    *This is what I will do…

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Participant
    @propertyguru
    *This is what I have done…
    *This is what I am doing…
    *This is what I will do…

Good questions we are doing first two questions but will add last one also in our meetings. [thumbsupanim]

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Depending where you’re located, there may be an established group in your area already, that you could link into. A number of groups that started either at the Somersoft forum or NineMSN forum meet monthly in several capital cities.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

@rebecca2

Good idea Felicity 8-)
    I am really keen to get moving once my business has settled. I will check the sommersoft site.

Beck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.