Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MartineMartine
    Participant
    @martine

Hi all
    Probably posted this in the wrong forum.
    I know advertising is not recommended on this site but I am looking for an accountant in the Melbourne / South Gippsland area that has good/ excellent knowledge in IPs and deductions, can anyone help? or does any one know if Steve is still practicing. A PM would be great.
    Thanks Martine

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Martine,
    Try Dale G at Gatherum-Goss & Assoc in Kilsyth,
    http://www.gatherumgoss.com/

Phone: (03) 9723 7699
    Fax: (03) 9723 7202
    Postal Address: 1 & 1A, 87-89 Colchester Road,
    Kilsyth, Victoria, 3137

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker
    Mobile Mortgage Market

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:0402483216
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of MartineMartine
    Participant
    @martine

Thanks Steven
    I will contact them as well as look at their website.
    Martine[cap]

“I will achieve!”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by Martine:

I am looking for an accountant in the Melbourne / South Gippsland area that has good/ excellent knowledge in IPs and deductions, can anyone help? Martine

Hi Martine

I see two aspects to your request:
    1. Referral to a brilliant, rather than good, accountant. There are a few exceptional accountants here, and Dale Gatherum Goss is one of them (if he’s not too busy)
    2. Your need to define, in concert with your new accountant, what their role is in relation to your property portfolio and wealth building.

My definition?
    “My accountant exists to MAKE ME MONEY. He’s too highly qualified to put my receipts etc out of a shoebox (I pay a Bookkeeper to do that).”

In other words, depending on the size of your portfolio, your desired lifestyle, work/family commitments, your bookkeeping talents (or otherwise [cap]) you will ultimately need to employ 2 professionals (bookkeeper + accountant).

The working reality is to see, phone or fax your bookkeeper at least once a week, and your accountant a couple of times a year, with a set agenda something like: “How can you make me more money this year than last year?” [cigar][buz2][cigar]

Your accountant and/or your bookkeeper should help you set up your filing system to make it easy to manage and work from.

Good luck from here.

Cheers
    Greg
    PS: Have you paid a Quantity Surveyor to draw up Depreciation Schedules on all your IP’s yet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.