All Topics / Opinionated! / Are Personal Messages Useful?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Profile photo of rebecca2rebecca2
    @rebecca2

Hi Steve,
    The PM’s are great when you want to relate information to a particular precipitant. Also I have found people may have asked “where did you get that information from” or “can you give me the name of “ sometimes to be ethical or just plain decent you may not want the world at Propertyinvesting.com to know everything you post.

The idea of a live chat room sounds great. I have posted a question for you under “Steve’s books” that the live chat room could help us with.

On the topic of the shares forum being on this site. Well this is Propertyinvesting.com and I am sure there are plenty of share forums out there. If you don’t like flicking between forums all you have to do is make each forum you like a favourite and it only takes seconds to flick between.

Anyway that’s by opinions if ya like.[blush]

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru
    Originally posted by Rebecca2:

On the topic of the shares forum being on this site. Well this is Propertyinvesting.com and I am sure there are plenty of share forums out there. If you don’t like flicking between forums all you have to do is make each forum you like a favourite and it only takes seconds to flick between.

Anyway that’s by opinions if ya like.[blush]

Beck.
    “You have to leave your mouth open for a very long time before a roast chicken flys into it.” Early Proveb.

well said as name saying its property investing forum so y ask for shares?[angry2]

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours,Low Doc from 6.85%,Investment loan 95%+

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Because anyone who is a ‘real’ investor knows that diversification is an essential part of any investment plan. If all you do is property, then I think you have a weak investment portfolio.

Also, I notice everyone focusing on shares… I remember clearly asking for “Shares & ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS”. I singled out shares as there always seems to be some discussion about shares here. I also remember discussion about vending machines, emus, agribusiness, etc…

There is a huge investment world out there and I thought this site may benefit from expanding its horizons. I guess I was mistaken. By the way, if you don’t want to read about shares, don’t click on the category!

In any case, I would love to see people posting in the correct categories. Maybe the moderators could take care of this? It would certainly make reading through posts a lot easier instead of having to go to all categories.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

@robbie-b

Oh yeah, is it possible to be able to subscribe to a whole category instead of just single threads within that category? I don’t know about anyone else, but I would find this very useful.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

Profile photo of femaleage20femaleage20
    @femaleage20

I’m for the chatrooms also! One comment WHERE’S THE SPELL CHECK! I’m a hopeless speller and would love to see a little ABC button when posting a forum!

P.S I love you Steve (in a fan sort of way!)
    See you in March (Melbourne seminar)
    claire

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I also would love to see a shares section.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Kerri-67Kerri-67
    @kerri-67

<<< puttin’ my hand up for the chat room and the little abc button!![wideeyed]

Kez :)

@robbie-b

I take back the Shares Section request. It will cause too many arguments.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

<<I take back the Shares Section request. It will cause too many arguments.>>

Shares forums do need strong moderation.

That little debate between us was mild compared to some I’ve seen…ESPECIALLY where options are concerned. LOL

Anyway I think between us, we’ve probably seen to it that it never happens….oooops!

Cheers

@robbie-b

Wayne,

We just had a heated debate. I enjoyed it.

I think you must have missed the little battle.

<edited>

It was hilarious!!!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

Steve,

Could the forum software be modified so that people could switch off viewing other people’s signatures/sign offs ? It’s fairly easy to disable the images using an add blocker, but the colourful and large text advertisments detract from the flow of a thread.

@robbie-b

I like colour as opposed to dull black and white. Hence my signature is colourful. I would prefer everyone doing something nice to brighten up the place.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

I like colour as opposed to dull black and white. Hence my signature is colourful. I would prefer everyone doing something nice to brighten up the place.

Exactly, it’s a personal choice, so let people have the option to view them or not.

I personally prefer not to be spammed in a forum, but each to their own.

Profile photo of p0sitiveCasHfl0wp0sitiveCasHfl0w
    @p0sitivecashfl0w
    Originally posted by Baloo:

Steve,

Could the forum software be modified so that people could switch off viewing other people’s signatures/sign offs ? It’s fairly easy to disable the images using an add blocker, but the colourful and large text advertisments detract from the flow of a thread.

I would like this feature too.

Who took my MONEY[?]

@robbie-b

Could we also have an ignore button so that we can ignore people who we do not want to read please?

It would prevent a lot of fighting in the forum.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of p0sitiveCasHfl0wp0sitiveCasHfl0w
    @p0sitivecashfl0w
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

Could we also have an ignore button so that we can ignore people who we do not want to read please?

It would prevent a lot of fighting in the forum.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

!

Who took my MONEY[?]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I would love to see “Other Investment Opportunities ie. Shares, business …etc”

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

@robbie-b
    Originally posted by Baloo:

Steve,

I find that one thing that detracts from the flow of a thread more than a colourful signature is people who “quote” ALL THE TIME. There is no need to “quote” someone when you are posting a message straight after them.

I notice a few people quote almost every message they reply to. It really gets annoying reading the same message over and over and over again!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Wow!

this is like a circular argument! Where is all the love gone?

Only thing I find anoying is personal attacks between forumites as they have nothing to do with investing and only serve to expose individuals prejudices and fears.
    So many people here have experienced so many different things and are given the opportunity to share those with the rest of us – what a fantastic service…….

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Steve,
    when you asked about the personal messages, are you reffereing to the PM button on the bottom of each forumites post or the words that come up in green, linking to another advert?

Steve’s books, CD’s and seminars teach us about positive cashflow, wrappers and due dilligence.We find templates and calculators that prevent serious events and could make us seventy million!

Just playin….

Which of the two are you reffering to?

Cheers

C@34

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.