All Topics / Heads Up! / Investment Detective

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

GEtting a little toey about the investment detective…are you just teasing us Steve?????When will it hit the ground running????

Tools

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Have you seen the demo?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Hi Robert…no,where can I see the demo?

Tools

@robbie-b

I don’t know if there is one online. I saw a working demo at the Sydney Seminar. It was pretty good! The creator (his name eludes me right now) should be commended for what he has put together. I thought it was so good that I was one of the many who pre-bought a copy!

I believe it is being properly launched in January.

It will be worth every penny.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

So you don’t have a demo you can send out Rob?

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

@robbie-b

No. The demo was at the seminar.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of Investment DetectiveInvestment Detective
    @investment-detective

Hey Rob, can’t believe you forgot my name already [biggrin], Its Phil and the release is only days away.

Steve and I have been polishing the rough edges and its looking pretty good. I hope to have all the license keys out to all the seminar buyers tuesday night along with download instructions.

This will be followed shortly by the release of version 1.0 for people to download as a trial.

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Author of Investment Detective

@robbie-b

Sorry Phil. I had a long day that day I posted. I will shout you a drink when we next meet to make it up to you!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

@robbie-b

I am excited!!!

I am downloading the Investment Detective right now. It will be interesting to spot the improvements as I thought it was good enough at the seminar.

Thanks Phil and I will let you know how I go. I am sure there will be many quesitons coming your way now. I could not find the other thread.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

banner.gif

Profile photo of spider2spider2
    @spider2

Investment detective… what does it do??

Spider

@investment-detective

Hi

There have been a few questions about what Investment detective is. I have pu together a very brief description, more to come when it is release on the web site.

Investment Detective is property investment software that has 2 roles,

1. To help evaluate a property’s profitability before purchase. Bottom line, is it going to make money for you? Compare several properties at once and pick the best performer.

2. To keep track of each property’s performance once you purchase. Enter the budget at the begining of each year and enter you’re actual figures at the end of the year. Did it make the profit and capital gain you budgeted?

It allows you to enter all the financial information about a property and it will calculate cashflow, ROI, profitability, equity and finance figures plus lots more.

The figures can also be shown as weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc.

Investment Detective is a powerful calculator, so you can enter any figures and it will work, in any state or country. It won’t calculate what a property is worth for you, you have to do that research yourself.

What it will do is, if you enter in your budget that you expected your property to increase in cg by $10,000 and at the end of the year the property cg was different, up or down, you have the opportunity then to evaluate that properties performance. At this point you can start asking questions about the reasons for the difference.

Just because the property was profitable, from a cashflow point of view, doesn’t mean you should ignore the cg performance.

You can enter property costs, detailed closing costs, detailed ongoing costs and property income (rent and other income eg. tax rebate as other income, you need to see your accountant for this figure).

Also, each element of property costs and closing costs can individually be allocated to either loan or equity finance options or cash, this allows Investment Detective to calculate and allocate the finance repayments correctly to the ongoing costs. Finance repayments can also be entered manually eg. if you want to make extra repayments.

Amongst the many figures produced is the “net cash flow”.

You can also enter the expected occupancy and the results will be displayed for that occupancy as well as 52 weeks, side by side.

More to come soon…

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Profile photo of abbeeabbee
    Participant
    @abbee

Hi All

Where can it be downloaded from?

@investment-detective

Hi abbee

The download will be available very soon, keep an eye on the Investment Detective forum for more announcements https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/forum/30.html

It won’t be long now. [curtain]

Philip Batey
    JATPAC Designs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.