All Topics / Help Needed! / rental demand

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of tamtamtamtam
    @tamtam

hi everyonemerryxmas!! cananyone tell me where i can start on where the best place is to find out what rental demand is like in particular towns/ cities etc etc!!!
    regards michael!

ta

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Yeah, ask the real estate agent for that particular town, city!!!

Happy New Year to you too!!![biggrin]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Michael

i find that agents often will not be as honest as they could about the rental demand of properties they are trying to sell. I suggest you ring the property managers in the town/city, ring all of them !
    ask how many homes thay have vacant at the moment and how long have they been vacant , also ask why are they vacant. I say that because some times property managers may have a few vacant homes but when you talk to them they tell you that they are vacant because they are in a poor condition or don’t have cooling or heating.
    also ask them what types of properties are harder to rent and where do they have touble renting homes (which streets and why).

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of abbeeabbee
    Participant
    @abbee

Hi Westan

I have noticed that most of the real estate agents are the property managers aswell.

What is the difference?

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

Abbee, ask the agents that aren’t selling the property you are buying.

Most towns the agents and property managers do both. Helps with revenue and regular income streams.

If the place currently tenanted? How long does the lease have to run? If it is not tenanted how long has it been empty?

You also may find some places don’t rent cause the interstate investor is trying to achieve too high a rental figure.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of SnowySnowy
    Participant
    @snowy

Hi,
    I was interested if the real estates are the only ones that have this information or can you get it from someone or somewhere else?
    Thanks
    [biggrin]

Snowy | Cre8tiv Home Styling
    http://cre8tivhomestyling.com.au

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

I have only found the quarterly info about average rents and vacancy rates on http://www.quartile.com.au they do a market summary every quarter you can review online. Hope this helps.

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of SnowySnowy
    Participant
    @snowy

Thanks DD,

It does help. As Canberra is of interest.
    Do you know of any that cover the country areas of NSW?
    I’m researching around my area first for an IP.

Snowy

Snowy | Cre8tiv Home Styling
    http://cre8tivhomestyling.com.au

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Hi Snowy, I have info that Queenbeyan with the new Military Headquarters nearby will be the hot suburb fpr the next three years, nearby areas like Jerabombera which has a new supermarket and pub are doing exceptionally well too.

Good Luck with finding property with good cashflow there then it will be touch.

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.