All Topics / Value Adding / Who else got Xmas present from their Bank Mgr?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi

We have our properties with 3 banks (soon to be 4). On Xmas Eve, a Courier dropped off a large Xmas Hamper from my Private Banker at Suncorp Metway. It read:
    “To Priority Clients Greg & Niki F”
    and had a lovely, handwritten note thanking us for our loyalty.

My wife and I were gobsmacked! [biggrin][biggrin]
    Our children were even more so [cap][cap][cap][cap] They insisted we posed for photos opening our hamper. Our children realise and appreciate the financial hardships Niki and I endured bringing them up /educating them etc etc. It was a pivotal moment, and we celebrated it appropriately as a landmark of our growing RE expertise.

Niki and I have a reasonably modest portfolio (albeit growing), but one of our best mates has a massive portfolio of around $300m – $400m. When I told him about my Xmas hamper, he was bemused and just a tad jealous.[confused2][cigar] He said: “I’m ringing up my Personal Manager RIGHT NOW and telling him that his Xmas present to me must have been lost in the mail, because it hasn’t arrived yet. My Qld mate got a lovely Xmas hamper from Suncorp. Where’s mine?”

He’s inspired me to ring up my other bank managers to see if I can score a couple of belated Xmas pressies from them.

Why not try the same thing with your Private bankers, and post their replies / embarassed silences etc here? Make sure you tell us the bank they represent, so next time we’re negotiating terms with a NEW bank, we add “Xmas Present” to our “required” list!! [biggrin]

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

And here’s me thinking that we were special because NAB now acknowledges that we have a “relationship” with them. We get a “relationship benifit” that seems to cover all of our transaction fees. Not quite a hamper with a hand written note though…

You must be very special Greg! Congratulations:)

Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

While you are calling the lenders, why not call your phone company for a present and your electricity provider for another one? Maybe your health or life insurer might kick in as well. All I got was some crappy computer generated 10cent Christmas Cards from them.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:
    While you are calling the lenders, why not call your phone company for a present and your electricity provider for another one? Maybe your health or life insurer might kick in as well. All I got was some crappy computer generated 10cent Christmas Cards from them.

Hi Robert and Sonja

LOVE IT, Robert. Let’s do it! Deluge them with our expectations. When you said:
    “All I got was some crappy computer generated 10cent Christmas Cards from them” were you talking about your banks? Even Suncorp? [confused2] I’d be pretty cheezed off too.

And Sonja, re me being a pretty “special” guy, I work in Special Education/Learning Support, and I had a major health crisis 10 years ago when things looked so bleak for my chances of surviving 12 months wasn’t funny. My NAB manager saw a “dead man” walking into his office, and treated me with absolute contempt. This is why my wife and kids are so gobsmacked, realising the significance of our achievement. If you owe at least one of your banks around $800,000 – $1,000,000 on part of your INVESTMENT portfolio as opposed to your PPOR, then you should start to hassle them for a pressie. This is a pretty modest sum to any banker, right?

And Robert, if they treat Mortgage Brokers to a 10 cent Xmas Card, I’d be cut/ pasting / circulating this post to the so-called “Relationships Manager” from each of your banks and saying: “How about it?” Just wait until we get a few more posts, okay?

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I am not that innocent either. I did not send the usual gift basket or bottle of wine to my clients this year either. For me it was a cash-flow issue as I had to take on a heap of debt two months ago to help my brother out of a major jam and it has caused all sorts of cash-flow issues (for other reasons not worth talking about again). Anyway, I will make it up to all my clients in June with a “Happy end of Financial Year” gift that eclipses what I would have sent them for Christmas.

I am thinking I might try and strike a deal with Steve, or other seminar provider, to offer a free seminar to all my clients as well.

There are so many things that can be done. Any other idea would be GREATLY appreciated.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.