Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of tamtamtamtam
    @tamtam

merry xmas to everyone!!! i have one investment property in qld and it is neg. geared. i pay about $150 a week shortfall! now that i have read into positive cash flow, i want to get into it, but does anyone know what region or towns can preduce such an outcome. everywhere i seem to investigate they all have a short fall to pay!!! anyone that can help!!!
    ta! regards
    michael!!!!

ta

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi Micheal,
    the seasoned investors on this web-site will tell you that the +ve cashflow properties are out there and you just have to find them. As a fairly new member, i can tell you that it’s very difficult, if not nearly impossible to find them. You may have to read Steve’s newer book and ‘think outside the square’. Good luck.
    Landt.

Profile photo of GambiniGambini
    @gambini

hey there mate your problem is quite simple your thinking where when you should be thinking how find properties with problems solve them and badda bing badda boom if it was as simple as where steve wouldnt write books he would simply sell you the knowledge of where
    goodluck

Profile photo of femaleage20femaleage20
    @femaleage20

I agree. Steve’s new book is much more up to date, I read his first book, jumped onto realestate web sites and then was like “where the f$#$%$^” After reading his second book I was like “ohhhhh I get it”. It’s a must read!

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

They are out there, try regional and don’t let your local area be your boundary. Australia is a big place.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

or to make matters worse, think entry level properties, add value like carports, paint, carpet air cons and then get the higher rents to turn a neg to a positive cashflow prop.

Bought a unit in december for $95k with $95/wk rent, spent $5k, noiw gets $150/wk. This leaves you paying your rates and body corp fees, but $2000/yr approx is a damn site better than what you have.

I suggest sell the ‘dog’ and get three small investments. This will allow you to spread your risks and give you 3 potential areas for capital growth not one.

Go forth and buy houses we all need updated vals.!!!

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

One other point Tamtam I would consider is using equity in your lemon to purchase some properties that are cashflow positive to reduce your current negative flow.

I would only consider this if you strongly believe that your current property is potentially capital gains strong. Although this is not a great long term strategy

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Profile photo of tamtamtamtam
    @tamtam

thanks for the advice from all of you! i will take it all on board!!!

ta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.