All Topics / Opinionated! / The left or right side of the menu?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of RedTimRedTim
    @redtim

I would like to hear from as many people as possible about the lifestyle you have created from any investment/business projects. I don’t care if you invest in property (negative gearing, positive gearing, wraps, residential, commercial, big stuff, small stuff, I DON’T CARE!). I don’t care if you invest in the share market, with options, or warrants, or CFD’s. I don’t care if you sell ice to the Eskimos!
    I wanna hear about your lifestyle, not your property portfolio, or your most recent trade. I wanna know what you do with the money! I wanna know how much fun you have. I wanna hear about your amazing life. Tell me about your cars. Tell me about your houses. Tell how much you give to charity, and how good that feels. Or tell me about whatever you like to spend money on. DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT YOUR INVESTMENTS! Tell me the freedom that it is all buying you!
    I don’t care how many seminars, or books, or CD’s, or tapes you’ve listened to, I really don’t care. I want to hear about the result! It seems that most of the posts in this forum are about the ‘how’. But I want to know the ‘WHY”. Why do it? Why is it worth it? Tell me what you do with your time, your most precious asset.

Tell me what is it like to look at the left side of the menu first!

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

That menu analogy makes no sense to me. Doesn’t everyone read from left to right (except Arabs and some Asian cultures)?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Some people, when ordering food in a restaurant, will look at the food choices side of a menu and some at the prices side. If you are doing well then the assumption would be you would be looking at the food not the prices.

I can’t tell you what it’s like Tim, I am still having to look at the right hand side.

Happy Christmas

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of inezinez
    @inez

I always look at the back first-usually where the dessert is!
    Inez

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I never look at the prices. If I can’t afford it, I do not go out to eat in the first place.

Tim, regarding my “WHY”, it is so I can be my own boss and create not only a business which I consider ‘MY BABY’, but to establish an entity that will help a lot of people and command respect from those within the industry and the public at large.

I will be working my butt off for at least 2 more years according to my plan (and various set-backs along the way) but the final “WHY” is to be able to live and operate (not because I have to but because I want something to do) from a large sailing catamaran where, if I wake up in the morning and get sick of the view, I can raise the anchor and move somewhere else even more beautiful!

My lifestyle target has not eventuated yet but I believe I will be in that position in two more years. I will let you know when I buy the boat I dream of.

Merry Christmas

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of scottalotscottalot
    @scottalot

You are looking for details on what investing has done to peoples’ lifestyles. Back in 1994 I had a bad car accident and due to complete ignorance and stupidity didn’t have insurance. As a result I was taken to the cleaners. In 1997 I began using a financial planner. My investing began then in the Brisbane market. I’ve got 4 properties accross Brisbane totalling over $1.5m. I now own my own home. The other 3 properties are -ve geared. I still work and this has slowed my further investing as further investment repayment in a -ve sense could tip me over the edge. I’m in a safe area at the moment but am seriously thinking of selling to get profits and invest +ve. My lifestyle hasn’t changed much at all. I live a basic life and live well below my means. I have a comfortable lifestyle and am gearing up for a more educated aggressive approach for the new year. The aim is to leave work and invest fulltime. I love this way of increasing financial well-being. I’m not greedy and believe this would be my downturn if I was. I do also return a portion of my profits back to the community. (God helps those who help themselves & you reap what you sow) Hope this helps with what you are looking for.[biggrin]

Scott Bevis

Profile photo of obiwanobiwan
    @obiwan

I drive a late 90’s model car that I bought second hand and live in a modest home. I have a lot of fun, just not involving wasting money. I enjoy my job as I have the opportunity to help people there, but I also enjoy investing and markets.

Why ? I actually enjoy the process very much.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

The main benefit of being retired is the time…. And with more time it is easy to do more deals. I’ve had up to 6 go through at once. Also you are working on your business rather than working for some one elses and that brings it’s own satisfaction (I hatew being told what to do).

What I do with the money? Well I’m going overseas next year (twice) for a couple of weeks, staying at nice hotels, etc. And going on a cruise. Also I’m meeting up with other investors so it will be great.

I also tend to dine out more too, meaning alot! (I dislike to cook, but hay some people love to cook!). Also a nice (read expensive) boat within the next 2-3 yrs.

In the end though I find investing more satisfying than anything else. Being able to see what you can acomplish always creates a sense of achievement.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.