All Topics / Help Needed! / New Member

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of SlavesSlaves
    @slaves

Hi All
    I have just finished Steves books (1-130 & 1,000,000) and found them to be inspiring. I am now getting familiar with this web site, so I thought I would say Hi.

Check properties in Mount Morgam & Mount Isa QLD.

Mount Morgon has a pop of 3,500 but a large amount of this figure rent and obtain some sort of rental ass.

Mount Isa is a minning community.

Check for sold properties, agents and have a look at the returns compared to purchase price(not 11 sec) but a beginning.

Merry Christmas

Slaves [cowboy2]

ps where is the spell check on this site.

Profile photo of femaleage20femaleage20
    @femaleage20

I also opt for the spell check! Can we put a request in for it? Pretty hopeless trying to sound like you know what your talking about when you can’t even spell propably!

(and yes there are probably a few spell mistakes in this reply!)

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

If you’re new to IPs be very very wary of buying in Mount Morgan and Mount Isa, and don’t buy sight unseen.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Off topic…. But I vote for a speel chequer two!

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Richmond,

There is nothing wrong with buying sites unseen. I have done it and done well.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Site or sight unseen??? I got hammered for that differentiation once.[blush2]

Profile photo of maxy1maxy1
    @maxy1
    Originally posted by richmond:

If you’re new to IPs be very very wary of buying in Mount Morgan and Mount Isa, and don’t buy sight unseen.

cheers
    r

@maxy1

sorry, still coming to terms with the in/outs of driving this forum thingy.
    richmond, I’ve heard adnauseum the naysayers re the lack of merit in mount isa. since you added your name to the list, I’d appreciate it if you’d expand on your reasons for giving property in mt isa the swerve.

Profile photo of byronent_2byronent_2
    Participant
    @byronent_2

I believe Mt Isa is a great place to find great deals.

Site sight unseen Jo, I think he meant.

Byronent
    Adelaide SA

Participant
    @richmond

property investing is horses for courses… some are comfortable buying in places like mt isa or mt morgan, or queenstown tas… I’m not. I wouldn’t buy somewhere just because it’s cheap.

I’ve been to mount morgan when I was buying in rockhampton… it’s a dump…

on figures, mt isa looks like it has good deals, but I’d be bloody careful buying there. just my opinion.

it’s easy to find a place that has cheap houses and good yields, and to then convince yourself that it’s a great place to invest… I’d be wondering why, on the back of a boom like the one the whole nation has just experienced, houses in these areas are still cheap… if the demand is driven mainly by investors chasing yields, I’d be careful…

rob says there’s nothing wrong with buying sight unseen, but I think in the examples of those two towns, I’d want to know exactly what I was getting myself in to. good luck to you if you proceed.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Thanks Byronent,

I have seen done a little research and apparently both SITE or SIGHT unseen are commonly accepted in the RE industry. My personal preference has always been for “site”[biggrin]

Slaves

Take a look at:

Mount Morgan
    http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au/cgi-bin/vgmsg/RP_Reports/subprofile/rprepgenprofile-pdf.p?type=1&fromhome=1&rep=1&instate=Queensland&insuburb=Mount+Morgan&inpcode=

Mount Isa
    http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au/cgi-bin/vgmsg/RP_Reports/subprofile/rprepgenprofile-pdf.p?type=1&fromhome=1&rep=1&instate=Queensland&insuburb=Mount+Isa&inpcode=

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]/0/2619aaebcadda426ca2569ad000402ca?OpenDocument
    For starters, and mayble do a bit more research on both Mount Morgan and Mount Isa before you make any firm decisions.

Cheers,

Jo

Participant
    @richmond

Slaves has only made 1 post on this site… methinks if he was fair dinkum he’d have come back by now.

cheers
    r

ps site/sight doesn’t really matter… either means buying without having a look…

Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

I vote for the spell checker as well!!

Ian.

@maxy1

This is some info from a thread I started on Jan Somers’ site forum.
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=134540#post134540

Slaves, just a bit more support for your thoughts on Mt Isa, if you’re still there?

press release

XSTRATA LAUNCHES $4 MILLION COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM IN NORTH QUEENSLAND

Mount Isa, Thursday 9 December 2004

Xstrata has today launched a new Community Partnership Program that will contribute $4 million over the next three years to improving services and facilities in the north Queensland communities of Mount Isa , Cloncurry, Townsville and Bowen.

This amount includes the $1 million commitment to the Buchanan Park redevelopment project in Mount Isa announced by Xstrata plc’s Chairman Willy Strothotte on 6 October, 2004.

The program is in addition to the $460,000 to be spent by Xstrata in 2005 in the north Queensland communities on sponsorships, donations and other community support initiatives.

The Xstrata Community Partnership Program in north Queensland was developed following extensive consultation with local groups and residents over the past twelve months.

This process allowed Xstrata to identify the areas of greatest need in the north Queensland communities where the company’s employees live and work, with a particular focus on education and health, and to develop partnerships with local groups and government to address them.

The program addresses six key areas, namely enterprise and job creation, education, environment, social and community, health, and arts and culture. A full list of initiatives and community partners is attached.

It also includes a substantial commitment to addressing the skills shortage in the mining industry in north Queensland with a tripling of the apprenticeship intake over the next three years, and more traineeships, bursaries and scholarships. The funding for this skills initiative will be in addition to the $4 million Community Partnership funding.(See separate press release.)

Xstrata Copper Chief Executive Charlie Sartain said the community partnership program was a demonstration of the company’s belief that local communities should benefit from the company’s operations both in the short and long term.

“I look forward to sharing the benefits of our business performance with our employees, communities and our partner organisations through this program,” he said.

“The program’s strength lies in the fact that it directly addresses the areas of most concern to local people, such as quality education for their children, access to medical care and youth employment and training.”

Funding for the program is part of Xstrata plc’s commitment to Corporate Social Involvement (CSI). The company contributes at least one percent of its pre-tax profit to community initiatives. In 2003 this amounted to US$6.7 million, 1.9 per cent of pre-tax profit.

The program was launched in Mount Isa today by the Queensland Minister for State Development and Innovation and Member for Mount Isa, Hon. Tony McGrady, MP.

Mr McGrady said he was pleased to welcome Xstrata as a partner in the Queensland Government’s commitment to build a better State with stronger communities.

“I congratulate Xstrata for working with us to create a sustainable future for Mount Isa , Cloncurry, Townsville and Bowen,” he said.

“This is all about making sure Queensland ‘s regions remain great places to work and live.”

Mount Isa Mayor Cr Ron McCullough said the program was a most welcome display of corporate responsibility as well as a demonstration of Xstrata’s commitment to local communities.

“The investment in community support will ease the burden on local organisations and allow them to concentrate on improving the wellbeing of the population at large,” he said.

Cloncurry Shire Mayor Cr Ed Morrison said that the Cloncurry Shire supported Xstrata on this initiative which would assist in stimulating the commercial and social needs of residents in the region.

“Cloncurry Shire Council congratulates Xstrata on this terrific boost for communities in the north west of Queensland and looks forward to further partnering opportunities both with Xstrata and other businesses,” he said.

The Xstrata Community Partnership Program in north Queensland supports the company’s transformation of its north Queensland operations where it is delivering significant and sustainable performance improvements.

This year, Xstrata has committed over $115 million to major new projects including additional development of the Enterprise underground copper mine, copper smelter capital improvement projects, and the development of the Black Star zinc-lead open pit mine all at Mount Isa ; and gas conversion at the Townsville copper refinery.

Commenting on the program launch and business transformation process, Mr Sartain said, “I believe these new projects and the Xstrata Community Partnership Program in north Queensland will assist in creating an exciting era of opportunity, cooperation and involvement for Xstrata and the local communities in north Queensland.”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.