All Topics / Creative Investing / Found this on another site : )

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

A WEEK OFF WORK AND A HOUSE FULL OF FURNITURE FOR $1400

We filled up our entire home with furniture on a budget! After years of travel, the only items we owned when we moved into our new home were two beds and a rug. Demanding jobs had always prevented us from taking the time to ‘shop around’, and everything had always been bought at full price.

This time, we wanted to do things differently! We took a week off work, swapped our car with a family member’s ute and spent the week going through the Quokka (classified paper in WA).

We bought:
    * 68cm TV and entertainment cabinet
    * Four retro style armchairs (trendy and very expensive in the magazines)
    * One large, almost brand new electric heater (under warranty)
    * Six seater dining table and chairs
    * Huge side by side fridge and freezer
    * Washing machine
    * Tumble dryer
    * Two wardrobes

We furnished our entire house for $1400, and spent all up what the fridge and freezer would have cost alone if we’d bought it new!

It was so rewarding spending time together, the excitement of the shopping and negotiating prices, and gloating over our bargains. If we had bought these items new they would have cost about $8,000.

Although I was glad for the security of my husband when going to stranger’s houses, we met some fantastic people. All we needed was time, patience and transport!

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of femaleage20femaleage20
    @femaleage20

came from simplesavings.com.au a very good site, free newsletter and friendly staff

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

You gotta love the quokka Redwing.

I bought three of my cars via the quokka. All extremely cheap too.

Unfortunately don’t have so much luck with it up here in Gero. Have to go mad with it when we are in Perth and have the ute with us.

Well done mate!
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

well they may have done well but I in the past I have been amazed at how much people pay for stuff that I was happy to throw out. its a very effective paper though. it comes down to time and reward, I would rather haggle new in the show room and be the one selling in the quokka in 5 years time when the washing machine or whatever has served its dues…. it seems you get a decent residual.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.