All Topics / General Property / Mappers on Today Tonight

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of FireflyFirefly
    Participant
    @kiz

I saw the show AND i went to the most recent seminar….

To all the sceptics i say, ‘put your money where your mouth is, read the books and go to the seminars’. Who really cares how much money THEY are making? What is important is that they’re out there, they’re having a go and achieving some amazing rewards. I have now spoken to and emailed many of the mappers and EVERY one of them has replied to me or taken the time to speak to me.(THANKS A MILLION GUYS!) What this has done for my confidence, motivation and determination is in itself, pricelss. Please give credit where credit is due, and that is to Steve, Dave and ALL the mappers. So to finish, maybe we should stop worrying so much about what THEY made and focus on where we, ourselves, are headed.

Food for thought?! [whistle]

“There’s no such thing as tried…. just DID or DIDN’T!”

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Stop worrying about making money??….are you nuts?, I didn`t see the show but I have been a critic of the idea earlier……and all I can say is “Show me the money”.
    I`ve known about stories on this show which are totally fabricated, so I give the show no merit whatsoever.
    What did these people apparently achieve, a CF+ position, equity what?.
    To have your name on millions of dollars of R/E means nothing, you could be bankrupt next week.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

c’mon guys – the book and the show are what they are!!! Steve said he would help them achieve 1 million in property in 12 months. and for many this was achieved….full stop. if you have a problem with the system then that is different. but what was said was achieved.

well done steve and well done mappers…

ps – worse things than being geeky – like being a smart &*^$[baaa]..

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Well said Keira and Aussierogue, [biggrin]

Markpatric, do you still think that the world is flat, just because you haven’t found the corners yet? [blink] Sometimes you just have to accept things for what they are.

I give no real merit to shows like TT and ACA, they are very one sided, HOWEVER, the MAP program did what it said it would. END OF STORY..[biggrin]

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of CalderCalder
    Participant
    @calder

I agree with Aussierogue.
    The mappers had a goal. The majority achieved this, and those that didn’t were close. What they learnt from that I am sure is so invaluable that they will never look back. Like many people, I would love to have been part of this team that achieved so much. I say well done mappers and well done Steve & Dave. The results speak for themselves. The book was great. I really enjoyed reading it, and hearing the struggles that eventually met with success. Noraml people showing that anything can be achieved if you have the will and the way. What I would love to be able to do is sit down and HEAR them all talk about it afterwards. There would be so much to learn. The fact that they are now helping others also needs to be acknowledged. I say again, well done and congrats to all involved.

Profile photo of JunkersJunkers
    @junkers

To Kaloni and Duritz and all the other knockers of anyone attempting to better themselves…when you achieve success and you’ve got the formula for producing money day in day, then life becomes more about family values and doing things other than chasing the almighty dollar. These people weren’t handed the holy grail at all, they were made to work hard and dig deep to get to where they are today. If you’d read the 2nd book, you also would have found out that having Steve as a mentor was a considerable expense in itself, having to get to Melbourne for each month’s meeting and sacrificing family time to try and get ahead in their life. You might also have read that out of 23 people who started, only 13 remained at the end. So 10 people dropped out because it wasn’t handed to them on a silver platter and instead of hanging on and working hard, they took the easy way out and quit. Or found an excuse that they convinced themselves was the truth to use to justify why they should drop out of the course. I can’t speak for them personally, but it seems to be a universal law.

Every body wants the secret pill, but nobody ever wants to do the hard work to get it.
    I met several of the mappers at the Sydney seminar, and they are lovely, down to earth people who have achieved monumental goals. Good on you guys and well done to Steve and Dave for sharing your stories and knowledge with others. All I can say is that on Friday, after going to the Sydney seminar on the Sunday prior, I had an offer accepted on a house with $1000 down, a 6 month settlement and early access to complete renovations prior to putting it on the market again. So THANK YOU to all of the people at the seminar that I spoke to and inspired me to get off my butt and get things rolling again.

Profile photo of DuritzDuritz
    @duritz

I think the biggest and most widely agreed upon theme in this thread is that Today Tonight is a terrible program. That being said, and with this discussion now well and truly active, I have an investing question for you all, and as this is a pro positive cashflow area, I’m hopeful of some good responses:

What do you all think of permanent units in caravan parks? Are they tough to rent out? Are the tenants generally diificult? Do they trash it like on the Springer show? I ask because on the surface they would seem reasonable investments – buy them for around 20,000, rent them for around 100pw, pay about 50pw site fees. The numbers seem to stack up, and you can buy lots of them at 20,000 each.

Thoughts?

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Duritz, where do you go to buy them??? :)

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of DuritzDuritz
    @duritz

Also, I wasn’t knocking anyone trying to improve themselves. That too is exactly what I am trying to do. I was simply wanting the whole story, and yes, I will read the book, but don’t think that a little bit of questioning and a desire for accurate information (and a little bit of cheekiness along the way) amount to knocking.

So, Junkers, I hope that clears that up. I must say, I am very interested to know about how you go about securing a loan and a house with only $1000 down.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Junkers,

Excellent words… Thanks.

Congratulations on taking the ACTION.
    You have certainly got your money’s worth out of Steve’s seminar. I wish you well.

Sounds like you have what it takes, instead of complaining and saying that “it can’t be done”…

YOU ARE TOO BUSY ‘DOING IT’ [biggrin]

Well done, and THANKS again for your “spot on” words..

BTW Duritz, MANY people these days buy houses on $1000 deposit, OR EVEN LESS. Of course you have to pay the balance of the 20% on settlement.

Cheers,
    Del

@robbie-b

Duritz, another way to secure property with $1,000 cash or less is by using deposit bonds which might cost you even less. It is not a difficult task.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I think Duritz has copped enough… he asked a simple question and some replies come across (I presume unintentionally) as semi-hostile.

In respect to Caravan parks… I don’t have any experience in that niche, but I’d be interested to know more from someone who does. Let’s do it under a new thread though please.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Okay… I’ve spent a few hours building a plausible yet conservative model to express the likely net cashflow that the Map group may have achieved based on:

* 80% finance at 7% (I/O for ease of calc)
    * 7% of income in management fees
    * 15% of income in other costs
    (therefore total costs are 22% of income)

The net cashflow outcome based on these assumptions is $320,632 (pre tax).

All Mappers experienced net positive cashflow across their portfolio, with the annual cash-on-cash return (based on assuming 25% down and the assumptions above), coming in at an average across the group of an attractive 20.87%.

This CoCR does not allow for any of the realised / unrealised capital gains earned.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of JunkersJunkers
    @junkers

Duritz,

I’m glad to hear you are trying to make a better life for yourself by investing in property as we all are.

I can understand you trying to find out correct information etc, but I got fired up when I started reading the negative comments that were being expressed in the thread.

As for buying a property with $1000 down, all you have to do is ask. The vendor can say yes or no, if they had said no then I would have walked away from the deal because it wouldn’t have been the deal I was looking for. There’s always someone else out there that has a property to sell…..Why should I give my 20% deposit to the real estate agent who then puts it into a trust to earn money off, when I can leave it earning money for me for the next 6 months if the vendor is happy with $1000??

All I am doing is looking outside of the square – please don’t assume I’ve got a lot of cash lying about because I don’t, which means if I pull this off I’ll be very proud of myself and not put a lot of my money at risk.

All I am doing is putting some of the techniques that I have read about and learnt through seminars like Steve’s into action.

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Well guys what do you think being positive and believing all you are told is WISE.
    I hate to sound negative but I have a questioning mind, especially since I have read all the books I can read invested and made money but still don`t get why anyone would want to own 1mill in property for the sake of it….WHY?.
    You see the problem I do have is that inexperienced investors believe this stuff, when in the main it is not achievable for the vast majority, if someone wants to prove a point present the facts, I mean it is seriously dangerous to get involved with partners in property, in the vaste majority of cases it ends in disaster, and not many have access to someone with money who is interested in your million dollar scheme, I have never known anyone to lend money this way, people talk as if there are money partners everywhere people very willing to throw money at you, anyone who tells you any different must have a hidden agenda imo.[buz2]

@robbie-b

Mark,

A money partner can be anyone.

Controlling one million dollars of property is not hard. You can get 100% finance for $750,000 worth tomorrow and you are almost there. Do some good renovations and you may get all the way very quickly.

Scepticism is ok but you seem to be just totally negative. Just because YOU can not do something or YOU can not see how something is done does not mean that others are not doing it.

If you speak to the mappers, you might have an idea how they achieved their goals. I thought the stories were real, believeable, impressive and admirable. They did not do anything out of the ordinary. They just got of their ass and did it!

Try it.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Hi Junkers
    NO I do not knock people atempting to
    better themselves nor did my post sugest otherwise
    I aplaud people that do because that is what I try to do myself
    What I was questioning and still do was the GROSS amount that was refered to in TT
    NOT what the mappers have achieved

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Just thought I’d add in that here in WA, (I’m not sure if it’s always the case…) Cremin and I have bought two places with only $500 down and the balance of deposit on settlement.

$500 is what the estate agents have recommended.

Comments?
    Steph.

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Realised/unrealised capitol gains and figures of 20%?.
    All I can say is R/E is a game where appearances can be decieving.
    I am not negative just realistic, I have done four of my own renos own 2 CF+ properties and done countless others with my brothers all being in the building game for 20 yrs or more, we are all tradesman, we have the game covered so to speak, it is very hard to acheive anything viable without someone else losing in the equation.
    Did these guys go around seeking desparate sellers and making ridiculous low ball offers?, what is the catch, we are not being told all the info and now I am told to buy the books.[biggrin]
    You cannot tell me this is not high risk

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Mortgage advisor why did you repeat what I already said in my last post regarding how easy it is to control this much R/E?.
    As far as get of your ass and do it…well all I can say is…..this is not a relevant comment.
    Someone said about deposits being $500 etc, yes it true of course you can do this but it is a dangerous game, having so much property and being so highly leveraged, which is one of my points.
    All I say is it is not an easy thing to go from zilch to financial freedom, while many would like us to think so.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.