All Topics / General Property / Question of conscience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Karen.RoseKaren.Rose
    @karen.rose

Hi there,

I am worrying a bit about a question to do with selling strata titled units. We have strata-ed 3 sets of existing units in the last few months in an area where the council no longer requires fire rating. So far this has just been to increase our equity but we are now coming to sell eome of these for profit.

This is where the conscience comes in. I am prepared to put in the disclosure statements that the units are not fire rated but I am worried that some people might still not be aware of it. Does everybody expect strata units to be fire rated still?

Also – even if we make people aware on sale we have no control over on-sale.

What do you think? Am I worrying uneccesarily?

Thanks

Karen

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I think most prudent buyers will find out when they do a building and strata inspection before buying. Don’t stress about it.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Karen.RoseKaren.Rose
    @karen.rose

Hi Robert,

Thanks. :-) I just hate the idea of accidentally getting someone who is too green to know to do checks. Also – don’t want to run the property down, though.

Do you know if it’s common now for councils to not require fire rating?

cheers

Karen

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I have a couple of units with common walls. I dont know if they are fire rated or not.

The thought never entered my mind at the time of purchasing.

But I sleep at night, no problems. I have complied with the law as to smoke alarms and done what a reasonable person has to do.

I reckon you are worrying unecessarily.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.