All Topics / Overseas Deals / KPI Magazine anyone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you are subscribed to Kiwi Property Investor magazine? What are you thoughts on it? Is it worth while reading if interested in the Kiwi market?

I tried to order several back issues from the KPI magazine website. When i search the back issues, it says they are all sold out. However when I go to order them, it lets me and doesn’t say anything about them being sold out. Apparently only a certain number of back issues are ever printed. I emailed the KPI office about this, but their emails keep bouncing back.

Has anyone had any luck ordering back issues? Is there anywhere else I can obtain these?

Kind regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Ozi

I get the KPI Mag.
    It originally was called the NZ Property Investor, edited by Andrew King who has written two books on property investing.
    ESC took over the mag back in 2002, renamed it and put lots of colour in it and used it to push their things.

Andrew stayed on as editor for a while before a new editor was appointed. The mag was controlled by ESC until recently and they controlled who could advertise in it. This policy has been relaxed very recently.

There have been alot of internal politics going on especially in ESC as the two co-owners appear to be going in separate directions.

As to getting hold of back issues you could try watching http://www.trademe.co.nz as old issues come up for sale every now and again. I think there maybe some on there now.

Regards

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Thanks muppet,

I managed to trace some back issues on the site you suggested, but couldn’t find all of the editions I was after. I’ll keep an eye out.

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Just an update, I emailed ESPY magazine (they are the seller i think) and they actually do have the back issues I was after. I placed an order :)

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

KPI magazine…I loved it a year ago, just devoured it. These days every time I get an issue I ‘eat it’ but still feel hungry, if you get what I mean. Basically, I reckon I could write a better magazine myself. Ditto NZ property investor magazine.

i.e.
    from The NZ property Magazine:

this takes up the entire page 9 of the magazine (apart from a large ad)

TIPS for managing your rental:
    Tip 1: (there is only one tip)
    Let fresh air in (then it expands on it for a paragraph. “this tip of the month wins $25”

Oh puh-Leeeeze

They also have an ongoing interview series with some renovators, which has some enlightening information such as

q: ” Did you and Talei share evenly the responsibilities, or split them up?”
    a: We just split the jobs up depending on the amount of free time available. I did less of the organisation work than Talei…

yawn

KPI is actually a lot better. At least it has small (normal size) type so although you get a LOT of ads, there’s also a bit more to read than the NZ property investor magazine, which is kind of done in that 5 -year old reader size type, or triple-spaced, probably to make the content look like more. Either that or maybe their target market is the bifocal club, who knows.

Neither of them compare to the slick and professional API magazine, but then, that’s NZ versus Australia all over – and I say that lovingly, as a Kiwi resident here now – !!

And I still subscribe to both in the hope of some pearlers now and then…

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi
    Originally posted by MiniMogul:
    Basically, I reckon I could write a better magazine myself.

Hey Mini,

If you do decide to bring out your own Kiwi investor magazine, put me down as your first subscriber [biggrin]

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

Hi

I have not been back here for a while. The place still looks good.

I have been reading both NZ magazines on and off recently. I agree that the NZ Property magazine has big font and large pictures and headings with the occassional article, but it is independent and the December edition especially had some good content.
    The KPI magazine is now independent as well, and the new lack of ESC advertising is one of its best features. Worth a read.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz
    Software for Landlords

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.