All Topics / General Property / Upper Coomera/ Coomera

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone own IP in Coomera Qld?, or intending to invest over there. Population and infrastructure looks good, but there are a lot of houses for sale in the market[blink] That cant be too good isnt?

Any thoughts?

Happy Investing

Joe Abadi

Profile photo of booboobooboo
    Participant
    @booboo

Hi Joe.
    I live in the next suburb along [Wongawallan] and I belive this is a boom area and when all the promised shops and factories comes on line so will a lot more people,so while price are dropping a bit at the moment I belive it will be a great place for long term capital growth.
    Being in the middle of Brisbane and the Gold coast makes it very desirable.
    BooBoo

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Joe,

I bought 3 br townhouse in April this year in Upper Commera. I have just had it revlaued and in the process of getting a refund on LMI. Rent has gone up from $235 to $250pw in that time.

I was recently up there for work (Gold Coast), and am more convinced once the town centre & remaining infrastructure has been completed as booboo mentiones, this will certainly add value to the area (cyclical considerations aside).

James

Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Thanks Booboo & Georgis,

Im thinking to buy 2bdr instead of 3bdrs,

I did some reserach throught the agents and they think the 3bdrms and duplexes are more popular.

Any thoughts on that?
    Cheers

Joe Abadi

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Joe,

Just adding my little bit to the discussion.

There is significant redevelopment and infrastructure valued at over $2 billion at the commencement stage. With Coomera projecting an 8 fold increase in population in the next 20 years.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping.

Profile photo of booboobooboo
    Participant
    @booboo

We just went for a drive east of the highway into “coomera warters”, boy did that open my eyes.
    Houses and new estates everywhere.
    I was just aware of all the new estates on the west side of the highway but there seems to be much more going on, on the other side.
    I have my eyes on a few of the properties that are older acerages around the new estates as this could be a good chance for some strong capital growth when all the extra shops etc go up in the next couple of years.
    booboo.

Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Thanks for the contribution, any of you guys interested investing over there, our IP might be neighbour[cap]
    Im just worried there will be over development in that area?

Thanks guys

Joe Abadi

Profile photo of qiagroupqiagroup
    @qiagroup

Also alot of investors are buying in Beaudesert( 30 min from gold coast house and land for $295000. and redbank plains area for $265.

west of brisbane is also a good growth area as well.

go look at the urban management plan to get a better look at the big picture

The trick is to have a property with a point of difference, so you can attract a higher rent and therefore higher return

Regards

Peter

Profile photo of jlaljlal
    @jlal

Hello All,

New comer to this forum so a g’day to you all.

I am looking to invest in Commera and from what I have have been quoted (by a real esate person who works for a property developer) that for a 4 bedroom property brand new with all inclusons, landscaped etc is around $ 350k- 380k with a rental yield of $350 -$400 a week.

For those of you who live in the area, does this sound reasonable ?

The more I look at Commera the more I want to invest, its just it seems too good to be true with ll the projected capital growth that is predicted for this area.

I have seen that in the Aust Property Investor Planning review that that in 3-4 years property prices in the Gold Coast would rise from $425k – to over $625k.

With all this capital growth and Qld gov’t spending billions on infrastructure and planning you would think that Commera will be a worth while investment especially with the proposed Town centre that will dwarf the Robina town centre.

I welcome your suggestions and feedback

Thankyou

Profile photo of petzpetz
    @petz

We were going to build there about 4 years ago but decided against it only because building from interstate can prove difficult if you don’t have time to visit when required. At that time it seemed like a perfect opportunity and probably still is. The north end of the gold coast was becoming too expensive as was the south end o Brisbane. Check your prices for similar quality in the area and 10-15 minutes either side to properly gauge the market. Being where it is before the extra infrastructure it will follow suit with surrounding areas until it becomes a force of its own. Check your rental listings in the area for both prices and availablity. We have made quite a bit out of buying in this way.

Profile photo of SiteManagerSiteManager
    Participant
    @sitemanager

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone own IP in Coomera Qld?, or intending to invest over there. Population and infrastructure looks good, but there are a lot of houses for sale in the market[blink] That cant be too good isnt?
    Any thoughts?
    Happy Investing
    Joe Abadi

Hi @gladi8tor Joe,

How’s thing going with the COOMERA investment property ?

last month when I engage one of the buyers agent in Sydney to find me investment property in SEQ, Todd Hunter (www.wheregroup.com.au) has confirmed with their research in email with some proof that UPPER COOMERA or ORMEAU is the potential for growth in the next 5-10 years.

isthat what you’ve been experienceing so far in COOMERA area ?

SiteManager

Investing for a better future

Profile photo of cheyne jonescheyne jones
    Participant
    @jones4130

Id like to know more information as well on this area as im flying up there to check out potential house and land packages within the month.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Cheyne,
    You most likely have looked around, but just in case you missed it, there is another Coomera thread attracting a bit of attention….. https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/5014599-advice-about-buying-an-ip-in-coomera/

Comments both for and against in there – so it is worth spending a bit of thought on.

Benny

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Although you always cringe when someone mentions those 2 magic sentences.

1. I am flying up for the weekend.
    2. House & Land package.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 properties in a decade.Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Cheyne,
    Richard made a very salient point. So that I don’t assume anything, let me ask you these questions:-

1. Are you purchasing your own airline ticket?
    2. Are you also going to be looking at existing properties?

If you answered “No” to either of these, please take careful note of the following.

First, if a marketing company is providing you a “Free airline ticket”, CANCEL your plans with them RIGHT NOW. If you feel awkward about doing that, push through and CANCEL ANYWAY. Any marketing company worth its salt would NOT be offering you a free airfare (plus steak knives?) just to get you to go there. Be afraid – be very afraid.

Second, if it is just you choosing to fly up there to check out the area, do consider what many have been saying in this thread and the other one I linked to.

And you might want to have a quick read of this Article :-
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/choosing-the-right-investment-property/

Now, buying new CAN be a worthwhile way to go for someone who has learned of all the options and has considered that NEW serves their purpose best. But in most cases, they would likely have found a BETTER WAY to obtain a new property (like developing it for themselves, or in a Joint Venture, rather than buying from a marketing company).

Cheyne, I hope I am giving you pause to consider a few more things. Nothing wrong with wanting to come up and check things out for yourself – just don’t limit yourself to one option (House and Land package) when you could be leaving a possibly far better option untouched.

Benny

Profile photo of cheyne jonescheyne jones
    Participant
    @jones4130

Thanks for your feedback Benny. As for Richard,well……….. your not the 1st to hit 40 propertys in a decade.

Cheers!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

To 2 Post Cheyne,

No-one said I was. Do you have all of yours unencumbered ? No i thought not.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

@jones4130 I posted in the other thread too and would agree with @benny and @qlds007 that the most important thing is to do independent research. This is probably way more important than the actual suburb you end up purchasing in. If you are doing your own research and are happy that the values and rent returns stack up, then you have nothing to worry about.

BUT If you have been given a sales pitch by a company who is flying you up and only showing you there own properties you are being deliberately insulated from the real world. Down the road from a new H/L pack you buy could be existing home worth 100k less. This is how they work, we are not trying to sound conspiratorial, this is happening to people every day. It isn’t about Coomera per say, it is just one example of an area where these spruikers have done their deals in recent years. This has also occurred in Gold Coast, Melbourne CBD, and other locations. The area isn’t really the problem (although too much of these deals can ruin the market in an area for a while) it is really just about being well informed. Consider the basics, the laws of supply and demand. Housing always comes back to that.

They are trying to warn you to save you this potential heart ache, that is all.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of SiteManagerSiteManager
    Participant
    @sitemanager

Id like to know more information as well on this area as im flying up there to check out potential house and land packages within the month.

Hi @gladi8tor,

I believe now it is the good time to consider COOMERA, UPPER COOMERA and ORMEAU as the next boom suburb in QLD because of these two big developments:

Disneyland: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/family/new-billiondollar-theme-park-to-rival-dreamworld-to-be-built-by-chinese-developers/news-story/ec83e943b9fc3aae9c50d80689cc5850

Westfield Mall development http://www.coronis.com.au/blog/a-decade-of-planning-sees-coomera-flourish

Those two big project has been eye-ing this area so it would be better to buy existing house with larger land component so that you don’t get hit with high upfront investment cost in new H&L package.

SiteManager

Investing for a better future

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.