All Topics / Help Needed! / Cash Positive Property Listing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of StranieroStraniero
    @straniero

Just wondering what people would be willing to pay for access to an up-to-date online database of currently available properties that were (or could be) cash positive.

What would it be worth to you per year?

$200?
    $500?
    $1000?
    $2000?
    More?

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Mmm… Interesting concept…

It’s hard to put a figure on it…

At the start perhaps $200-$300, but if it was quite good I would go up to $500-$700, of course at that price I would expect good search options, +email alerts etc.

Also I’m assuming that it’s for a large range of properties (rather than just all OffThePlan properties, as an example).

I would be interested in th opinon of others on this (so don’t take my word or figures a gospel).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

it would have to be a very large list as the people who would subscribe would all be in competion for thos properties and cashflow +ve properties are searchable on the net via RE agents and other sites already

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Profile photo of padmaa23108padmaa23108
    @padmaa23108

Aren’t there sites already doing it? EG: Househunters – I have subscribed to their newsletter and I get weekly CF+ property listings with all the details except location. If you are interested then you contact them and they will tell you the details along with the costs involved in procuring the property. The list is quite big.
    Another website is http://www.richmastery.com.au which also has property listings with all the details including location and their charges.
    I would be interested to know if there are any more.
    Padma

Profile photo of SpankySpanky
    @spanky

I doubt it could be that successful – with this whole craze about +ive cashflow properties, the competition for them would drive the prices up further. If you are prepared to locate these properties yourself and invest your own time doing it, you can find such properties for free over the net. Yes such a concept would be handy, but straniero, I think you would make more money buying such properties yourself, rather than listing them on the web for all to see. After all, if you’re going to go to so much effort creating such a database (ie finding all such properties) you may as well take full advantage of them yourself.

Just my thoughts.

Age doesn’t negate effort – you can never be too young or too old.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

[thumbsup2]

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    Click below to email me

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of g1g1
    Participant
    @g1

I agree with Spanky – you had better have a team working with you if you are going to be able to maintain enough listings. Perhaps you would be better off spotting for a fee per property. That way, you can control the work required to maintain your business.

g1

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I heard an interesting comment today from a friend of mine who is also a mortgage adviser. I mentioned that I was interested in doing something to cater to mortgage brokers and he thought the idea was great. He then said:

“During the gold rush, people came from miles around to find gold. The only ones who got rich were the ones selling the picks and shovels. You are going to sell picks and shovels.”

I thought these words were fantastic.

Straniero, if you can work out a profitable way to sell ‘picks and shovels’, GO FOR IT! Just because others are doing it does not mean it can not be done better. There is nearly always someone better.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.