All Topics / Opinionated! / Greed is all you need

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by Scremin:

[inlove][inlove][inlove] Awww Richmond!!! Congratulations on 1st year!! ….It’s ok. You can be greedy with love tonight… Steph.[inlove]

Hi Scremin

Greedy with love?? [inlove][inlove] …NOW you’re talking my language!! On the surface, we’re all hard-nosed capitalists; deep down, we’re just a bunch of love-hungry softies who drool over all this smaltz.

My wife and I recently spent a bunch of Sundays watching all the episodes of “Pride and Prejudice” with Mr Darcy. Then we moved straight onto “Bridget Jones’ Diary 1 & 2” with Mr Darcy again (no horse or tophat this time, but LOVE those sideburns) and that dastardly Hugh Grant. Schmaltz, schmaltz, even more schmaltz. We just love it! ][inlove][inlove][inlove]
    Cheers
    Greg
    PS: Our family’s best movie of all time is “The Princess Bride” about “True Love”, monsters, swordfights and that CLASSIC line delivered to the dastardly 6-fingered man: “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you kill my father, prepare to die!!!”

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Greg,

SNAP! That is SO my favourite movie of all time too. I just love Andre the Giant, not to mention Billy Crystal and the whole “to blaive, which means to bluff” to which his wife the witch replies “lyer!” and chases him around the house. [biggrin]

That is one of the best feel-good movies of all time! Seriously!!

Richmond, I’ve got to add my congratulations here too. Enjoy! My wife and I were married in January this year and are counting down to our first anniversary too. We’re just about to head back to the Whitsundays for a Honeymoon MkII. The first one was so much fun, we figured we just had to do it again. [biggrin]

I’m a bit of a fan of Steven Covey, and his “principle-centredness”. I believe I am a principled person and I “invest” more time in my family and friends than I ever do in making the cold hard stuff.

Steph, I love the point about how much worse you’d be without your partner. That one keeps me smiling too. No matter how big the argument, we always kiss and make up. [blush2]

Merry Christmas all you beautiful people,
    Michael.

[xmas]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by MichaelWhyte:
    Greg, SNAP! That is SO my favourite movie of all time too. I just love Andre the Giant, not to mention Billy Crystal and the whole “to blaive, which means to bluff” to which his wife the witch replies “lyer!” and chases him around the house. [biggrin] That is one of the best feel-good movies of all time! Seriously!![biggrin][blush2]

Hi Michael,

You like Andre the Giant too? Here’s some more of his classic lines, just to reminisce:
    Quote 1:
    Visini: “No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
    Andre: “Anybody wanna peanut?”

Quote 2:
    Andre: “How do you want me to kill the man in Black?”
    Visini: “Kill him your way!”
    Andre: “My way, which way is my way?”
    Visini: “Pick up that rock, and when the Man in Black’s HEAD comes around that boulder, HIT IT WITH THE ROCK!”
    Andre: “This is my way? I do not think my way is very gentlemanly.”

And so the laughs go, onward and upward. Whatever became of Andre the Lovable Giant? Does anyone know?

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

“Eventually his immense size was just too much for his heart, and Andre the Giant died in Paris, France in his hotel room on January 27, 1993.”

Poor ol’ Andre the Giant has been laid to rest…
    His giantism got too much for his heart. Poor ol thing…

I love the Princess Bride too. I used to think Carey Elwes was soooooooo dashing!!! Mr Darcy does it for me too! Not for Hubby though… He hates those sorts of movies… Sigh…

Michael! Yay yay yay!! [inlove][inlove]
    Congratulations to you too!!! Cremin and I were married on the 12 January and were thinking of going back down to Margaret River for second honeymoon, but then we bought another property… Ho hum… mmm thinking about all that lucious wine… Yum… Oh well, we’ll just have to celebrate with some bottles from the bottlo from up here… Sigh…

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by Scremin:

“Eventually his immense size was just too much for his heart, and Andre the Giant died in Paris, France in his hotel room on January 27, 1993.” Poor ol’ Andre the Giant has been laid to rest… His giantism got too much for his heart. Poor ol thing…[inlove][inlove]

Hi Scremin

That’s so, so sad about Andre the Giant. [confused2][confused2]

Thanks for going to the trouble to let us all know about his passing. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen him in any more movies; he’ll be sadly missed.

Do you happen to know the names of any other movies he was in?

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well I am shocked and dissapointed with the whole lot of you (just kidding) because two weeks ago Peter Costello our esteemed treasure clearly said to ever Australian.

Give love this year not presents ( in other words don’t spend we’re in the s..t!!)[upsidedown]

Now i’m avaible for some spare lovin, as long as you don’t tell my wife (italian!!) and if you can’t find me i’ll be in the closet[inlove]

Mike, sail over to Laguna and i’ll give you a game of golf[thumbsupanim]your wife can take care of my twins (that will sort her out, my wifes a mess, just kidding – not – ) he he

I just can’t believe that $1650.00 it must be me i’m wrong, any how whats a credit card? i’ve heard about them [weird][weird][weird]

Phil ( Mike 16 years married just past [withstupid])

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Hi Guys,

Phil, spare lovin? You’re a naughty, naughty boy… And thanks for the offer of a round of golf. I’ll check with the Captain (wife, who else) and see whether she’ll allow me to squeeze a round in to our schedule. It would be awesome to catch up for a social game whilst I was in the hood!

Steph, thanks so much for the congrats! One year is a big deal to us as its been a long time coming. We were dating for 10 years before we bit the bullet. [blush2] But now we’re stoked and just loving life and each other. For all you procrastinators out there, just do it! Seriously!! And, Steph, congratulations to you and hubby too! Feels great doesn’t it? [biggrin] We were married on the 24th January so only a few days different to you.

Greg, yeah I knew Andre had passed away. Very sad indeed, he was a nice guy. He used to be a professional wrestler in the WWF, but I’m sure you knew that too. (PS I love that “Anybody wanna peanut” quote. It still made me laugh to read it and remember the scene, thanks…)

Catcha,
    Michael.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.