All Topics / Help Needed! / NZ in January

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sallasalla
    @salla

I am going to Steve’s masterclass on Sunday in Sydney with an open mind, having read everything I can get my hands on. Since NSW is in the grip of the tax man and I have bought an IP in Newtown recently, paying way too much in closing costs, I am now looking to NZ. Hubby is apprehensive about loan serviceability. We are both working and have good salaries, no dependents, but have a hefty mortgage on the three properties that we own (two IPs, one PPOR). I refuse to be defeated however, and there must be a way to acquire a positive cash flow property for CG or appreciation in NZ.
    My question is, has anyone got recent info on the Otago/Queenstown area or satellite towns in that area? Any advice on rents or appreciation likelihood? Also, what would be the drawbacks, if any, of going there to check it out for ourselves during January. Does everyone disappear then and do Real Estate agencies and banks all operate during the New Year period?

Profile photo of abab
    Participant
    @ab

Checkout the website: http://www.property-press.co.nz it lists a lot of agencies within NZ and other bits and pieces.

Banks closed 3 & 4 January 2005.

Good luck
    AB

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi Salla,

I too am going to NZ in January. I’ve hear that January is generally a quiet time in NZ, wit a lot of people going on holidays etc… i guess this could be a good thing and a bad thing for us.

Regards,
    Ozi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.