All Topics / Help Needed! / old lease / new lease

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Following on from earlier post….

Our 12 month lease ends shortly. The RE agent has given us a 6 month lease to sign.

Are we under any obligation to sign a new lease?

The way I see it, we are restricted to moving out only on a certain date in June. This means if we plan to move out in march, we have to pay to break the lease.

Can I negotiate a clause in the contract so that we can move out whenever we like?

cheers

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of clintdbclintdb
    Participant
    @clintdb

As long as the other party agrees to it, you can put whatever clause you like into the Lease.

My suggestion (for what it is worth) is to have a “30 day notification period” so that you only have to give 1 month’s notice of your intention to leave without penalties.

Of course, your Landlord may not agree to this – but you can ask.

You could mention to them (PM or Landlord) that if they kick you out now, they will have to find a new tenant straight away. At least if you stay a few more months then that’s a few more months they have of rent coming in.

Clint

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi,
    a month to month lease is definitely the way to go. This gives both you and the landlord some flexibilty.
    Landt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.