All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Help dealing with Council over neighbours renos

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

Hi All, first time poster, but long time lurker. Been trying to soak up as much info as possible so as not to ask all those repetitive newbie questions that annoy some regulars.

I live in sydney’s east and have some water views. The next street to me has become a bit like a full time construction site with properties adjoining mine adding second storeys etc. I objected to council about one second storey addition because i would lose some views and privacy. My objection was noted but didn’t change the outcome of the neighbours application.

Now some other adjoining houses want to do the same thing and it will again mean blocking my view/ loss of privacy.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an advisor/lawyer that can help you deal with council in these situations ie knows the laws and knows the right words to say to have my objection seriously considered ie have my voice heard, not just that of the guy that wants to renovate.

Any pointers would be appreciated. PM or email’s welcome if you don’t think this is an appropriate forum topic

Cheers

Paul

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Paul

I don’t know what you can do in this siutation, maybe a talk with a solicitor would be hte way to go.

Another option is for you to build up as well, add value to your home, and get more of those water views.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.