All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Financial Services

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Beth MacLeodBeth MacLeod
    Participant
    @beth-macleod

Hi everyone,

This question isn’t solely about property, more for my knowledge and understanding and career move.

I am interested in taking a Financial Services certificate through TAFE next year. I also have Business Management IV and MYOBv13 and Quickbooks2003.
    I have not been to Uni because I would rather work for a few years to establish myself in the Property Market instead of working the rest of my days.

I have Administration experience and would like to establish myself for the next few years in an Accounting/Financial firm – so that I have a better understanding on Financial statements, etc.

What qualifications or qualities do I need to get there?

Thanks for your help.
    -Beth MacLeod

Profile photo of Beth MacLeodBeth MacLeod
    Participant
    @beth-macleod

Actually, one more question to add…

In ‘Retire Young, Retire Rich’ by Kiyosaki, he says that in the U.S investors are able to borrow their CG Taxes and use them as a deposit – therefore they can pay these when they feel they want to… Does this apply in Australia?

Also, that the Government in the U.S lends investors money to develop public housing due to the cry for cheaper rentals, however, the Government “forget” that they have loaned this money to the investors, and the investors walk away with hundreds and thousands?!
    Is anyone familiar with the U.S investing standards?

Thanks again,
    Beth MacLeod

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Probably the best way to find out is to look for job adverts and see what they are asking for. Have a look at ‘financial planners’.

DId you know you can get a diploma in financial services by doing a course of 1-2 weeks? do a search on google and you will find plenty available.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.