All Topics / Creative Investing / Create Wealth over Xmas

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

How to Prosper over this period.

1. Keep your wallet in your pocket.

2. Cut up all your credit cards except one and reduce the limit to $1,000.00

3. Tell all your family and friends that you have just purchased another property and they will not be getting any gifts from you this year.

4. Don’t drink and drive, you may spill some.

5. Put an IOU in the xmas card for next year.

6. Support the tree of joy in shopping centres, it will come back to you 10 fold.

7. Give a gift to the old couple in your street, they might leave their house for you in their will, opps!!

8. Send a box of biscuts to your tennants, then put the rent up in January.

O.K anybody else???

Phil[xmas][xmas][xmas]

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

9. Host XMas at your place for the family this year and get THEM to bring all the food this time. Saves on petrol too.

10. You know the padded felt fairy picture frame your mad Aunty gave you last year? Re-gift it back to her this year, she’s mad so she won’t notice anyway.

I like where your heads at Phil [biggrin]

Cheers,
    Michael.

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

11. Give everyone a free library card to your library of investment books. The majority won’t use it. For those who do, this is the last present you ever need to give them.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Give family and friends gifts that you can deduct!!!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Terryw,

That’s a great idea, I love it!! Tax deductable Christmas presents! :D

Ozi

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Ask everyone to send their gift for you to someone else who is on your christmas list. (Saves on junk collecting at your house).

Don’t drink drive………….it’s a washing detergent.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

this is more money saving, but someone once said a dollar saved is two dollars earned…

* hang christmas cards you receive from your tree if it’s a bit bare of decoration

* bake and decorate gingerbread men and hand them out to work colleagues / acquaintances (costs about $10 to make thirty)

*if you’re crafty cut up old wrapping paper into squares and make origami gift boxes, reindeers, decorations etc see link for cute ideas:
    http://www.origami-club.com/xmas/

*burn cd’s with the recipient’s favourtie music and/or photo’s (music should be downloaded legally where possible[blush2])

*buy plain tshirts and unleash your creative inner being with paints and permanent markers and photo transfer paper

just some ideas, love to hear everyone elses

cheers
    e x

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

Buy family and friends the alcohol YOU like, then invite them to your place for Christmas drinks.

markk
    Happy Hunting
    http://www.kentscollections.com

Profile photo of jsprijspri
    @jspri

Phil you sound like my rich auny and auncle. 2yrs ago i recieved a 10 in 1 handheld game, they must have found in the cubboard or in some op shop windows, as the boxs was all faded and had creases in it- it was roughy 4yrs old. I gave it back to the selvation army (with batteries)

Though i think he’s phliosphy is to keep buying McDonald stores, instead of heaps of ip’s.

Originally posted by resiwealth:

3. Tell all your family and friends that you have just purchased another property and they will not be getting any gifts from you this year.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hi jspri … revenge is sweet.

I suggest you do the same to them this year (4 year old gift) but pleeeeease get a photo of them when they open it and send me a copy.[thumbsupanim]

regards Phil

Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Get rostered on to work Christmas Eve, Christms Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Merry Christmas,

Ian [angry2]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Ambo72:

Get rostered on to work Christmas Eve, Christms Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Ian [angry2]

Hi Ian,

Upset the boss did we?[bigeyes]

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of noddiesnoddies
    @noddies

Hi all,

Try this link
    http://www.stretcher.com/menu/topic-a.htm#christmas

[xmas][xmas][xmas][xmas][xmas][xmas]

Regards
    Bryce Inglis
    Financial Advisor
    [email protected]

Replies on this site are intended as general information only, as any specific investment solutions/advice must only be given in accordance with the requirements set out in the Financial Services Reform Act 2001 and the ASIC guidelines as set out in PS146.An appropriate professional should be consulted for specific advice

Profile photo of timtamtimtam
    @timtam

Merry Christmas,

Ian

I hear you Ian…. I hear you! hehehehe I’ll be thinking of you whilst I’m working also![angry2]
    (perhaps we were naughty in a past life or something?)

Tam

@wealth4life.com

Timtam,

If u r working and others are playing u r twice as well off … Phil

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

or….

you could come to realise that money will never replace happiness, Christmas or family/friends, and therefore you should stop being a tightwad…..because there is nothing that ruins Christmas like a tightwad…….

what are you gonna do? take your money with you when you die?

At what point do you say “you know what, this money isnt much good unless we SPEND it”

If you worked the time you spend being a tightwad, you would come out in front anyway!

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Crashy,
    I will be sending you a sense of humour for christmas.Free.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Participant
    @crashy

what humour?

a bunch of money-hungry and obviously obsessed individuals discussing ways to “take” during the season of giving……some of the replies were slightly humerous but the overall tone of the thread was serious and dont insult our intelligence by suggesting it was all a big joke.

whats the matter……dont you enjoy life or something?

@wealth4life.com

Crashy! we all see/read things in different ways, you are obviously not a happy chappy.

I hope you have a pleasent xmas and dont crash!! lighten up this was intended to be a light hearted post, I should know I posted it, so go get a life and dont insult my friends by replying on other peoples behalf.

With humour … Phil[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Participant
    @crashy

“you are obviously not a happy chappy.”

firstly, dont think that i am blowing a gasket here. I am quite calm. Just wish to show people Xmas is about giving, not taking…thats all.

you assume that because I object to a thread which is offensive that I am unhappy?

I showed this thread to some others, and they were appalled. Christmas spirit zapper!

This thread was not humerous by intention or result. So you can stop with the “surprise, just joking!” line. It doesnt work.

lets firstly discuss the topic.

“create wealth over Xmas”

Hmmm I thought. This will be interesting. What could you possibly do in such a short period that would create wealth? No answer. Obviously what you meant was saving money, not creating wealth. All the posts concur with this diagnosis. So lets restate the topic as “how to save money over Xmas”

Ok, thats not offensive…..yet.

There were even a few NICE comments like:

“Support the tree of joy in shopping centres, it will come back to you 10 fold.”

“Give a gift to the old couple in your street, they might leave their house for you in their will, opps!!”

we can assume the last part was in fact humerous. but here the Christmas spirit and humour ends.

From here it turns into a “how to swap Christmas happiness for money” thread, which I found quite offensive, having grown up with a tightwad family who were self absorbed, money hungry, selfish individuals who made Xmas a time of unhappiness for everyone they knew. So when I see others promoting such actions, you bet it offends me. For the last 6 years I have spent Xmas with my partners family, and these people taught me the meaning of Xmas. They are selfless, warm, giving and generous, and make Xmas something to look forward to. So yes I am VERY happy thanks. Xmas spirit alive and well here!

Then I read comments such as:

“If u r working and others are playing u r twice as well off …”

“Get rostered on to work Christmas Eve, Christms Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.”

what does your family think about that? you have not only sold your Xmas happiness, but theirs as well. Selfish me thinks.

“Tell all your family and friends that you have just purchased another property and they will not be getting any gifts from you this year.”

yeah, real funny that one. My uncles use to use that excuse, got no presents for 10 yrs.

“Keep your wallet in your pocket.”

aka “be a tightwad”

“Buy family and friends the alcohol YOU like, then invite them to your place for Christmas drinks.”

theres that theme again, take instead of giving.

“Ask everyone to send their gift for you to someone else who is on your christmas list. (Saves on junk collecting at your house).”

well lets just bypass Christmas shall we? In fact, lets just sell our soul, since we find no joy in Christmas. Apparently money is all that matters to you people.

emcdonald was the only person who suggested going to extra effort to save money, while giving to others. this is true Xmas spirit. ever heard of the saying “its the thought that counts?” well this person is a good example.

the rest of you were all looking to take from others. whats worse, you could not even be bothered considering what would make others happy, or whether your actions would make them unhappy.

good on you emc. the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I will spend Xmas NOT working, but instead enjoying the company of family and friends, who will display genuine warmth and giving. I will happily smother the bottom of the Xmas tree, and provide the best Xmas meal possible without thought of the costs.

This is what life is about, not how much money you have in the bank. But since this thread is on an investment forum, I guess I had to expect the outcome.

some of you I suspect will be lonely and sad, and I pity you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

[biggrin]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.