All Topics / General Property / Fine line with locations in Townsville

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of RickstaRicksta
    @ricksta

Hi

I have a question regarding locations in Townsville.

We will be moving there in Feb05 and would like to purchase a property before we move. We have been researching hard but its difficult to get a good understanding of quality areas to look at.

From my short time up there I found that one street can be great but the house may back onto an undesirable street. There seems to be a fine line between good and bad locations.

If anyone can give us some guidance of good and bad areas it would be much appreciated. Or even the name of a quality Agent up there.

Obviously this issue arises because we are looking at the bottom end of the market, below 200 range.

thanks
    Rick

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

Hi RIcksta,

Townsville is a tricky one! My experience is that people have very strong affiliations with suburbs due to a suburb’s facility and style. The area really does have that diversity of 100k to 1.1M as you would have discovered so far.

My personal preference is for Railway Estate, South Townsville, City, North Ward, Belgian Gardens, Yarrawonga (order approximating rising price). The underlying theme is proximity to Townsville CBD and the Strand.

You can still find the range you’re interested in – Railway Estate, South Townsville predominantly Queenslanders / Miners Cottages with reno potential and already rejuvenated properties – not to mention the mud crabbing and boat ramps.

As for the ‘burbs – bah! Townsville is big enough to have traffic problems and I couldn’t be bothered driving over 5km’s – particularly when in (South Townsville) cafe strips, CBD, schools, beaches, Strand, creeks, work etc are in a 2K radius [shades2]

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.