All Topics / Forum Frolic / Embarrassing Moments

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Howdi,

Anyone had any embarrassing moments???
    Of course I have, mainly those relating to pregnancy, childbirth and labour, but I’ve had some real doosies, if only I could remember some of them (something to do with pregnancy and loss of memory sorry [blush2]). This is one of my favourites, one my Father accomplished singlehandedly.
    When invited out to distant family for dinner and looking through their wedding album, my father pointed to a person in a photo, whilst asking the husband “Who’s that ugly looking fella?”
    All the people in the room paled when the wife gruffly answered “That’s me!”. Under Dad’s beard he turned bright red.. OOPs!
    This one I have to own…
    When Mum was taken to Alfred Emergency room in July, she needed a CT scan and ECG stat, I was there to talk to the Emergency Nurse and Doctor, who were treating her. Still waiting (as you do nowadays)and in a daze, I asked them how long until they were going to do the CTG on Mum. They looked at me dumbfounded and like I was dellusional. Not realising it then, but I’d asked them when they were going to perform a Midwifery standard screen when women come in to be monitered during pregnancy or are in labour.
    CTG’s (CardioTopography) measures the babe’s heartrate inutero during mother’s contraction.
    So when the Dr asked me, “Is your mum pregnant?” I told him, I didn’t appreciate his sense of humour. [embarassed] Embarassed, 10 minutes later, I apologized to him and he said he thought my request for a CTG was unusual!

Anyone got a topper?

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of timtamtimtam
    @timtam

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA…. nice one sooshie!

I can’t think of any at the moment, but will certainly get back to this one when I do!

HAHAHAHAH…..

Tam

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya Tam,

Yes, it’s good they don’t let us midwives run around too many parts of the hospital [;)]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Hmmm, well I got one from when I was about 15.

I was a checkout chick at the local wollies store. One day this lady came through and she was fairly young but she had what looked like a pregnant belly. So I foolishly asked “So, when you due?” OOOOOPPPPSSSS!!

“I’m not pregnant…”
    Shit! I didn’t say another word to her other than apologising profusely. She started badgering me asking if she looked fat and why would I say something like that… I wasn’t to know! To this day, I never ask a woman if she’s pregnant unless she states so.
    Geez….
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i have a good one,
    several months ago i went to my younger brothers wedding in Cooma, my brother in law and i were drunk and goofing around with the champagne bottles, ie shaking them up and watching people scare the crap out of themselves when they tried to open them. at some stage i had to get up and make a speach. i was about 8 metres away from my brother in law whilst i was making my speach.
    the in law decided to open a champagne bottle, it bounced off the ceiling and hit me fair in the head. everyone started laughing, so i did what any normal sane person would have done… i dropped to the floor and rolled under the table.
    people laughed even more!
    very embarrasing, and its all on tape so i know it will turn up again when i least expect it!
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

@sooshie

Hiya,

LMAO.. That’s very funny Shaun. Surprised you still remember it the day after [;)] I’m sure they’ll have a good giggle years later looking at the ‘footage’.
    Steph those things happen…TRUST ME! After I graduated as a Midwife, I was at Mitcham Private doing an agency shift. I was 8 months pregnant, waddling up and down the post-natal ward doing my last shift before going on maternity leave. I went to the (then) Unit Manager to get my slip signed after the shift and she thanked me for my work. I said to her “I’ll be seeing you soon” Where she replied “Doing more shifts with us?” I said “No, having my first baby”. Where in she looked down at my belly and said “Are you pregnant? When are you due?” I said “I’m due in 4 weeks”. She went bright red and all she could say was “That’s Lovely”. One week later, I had my first little munchkin Phillip.
    This time around I’ve had to tell people I’m pregnant! The usual question (I got this one just yesterday)”When are you due?” The surprised look on their faces are comical, when I tell them “Jan 5th is D-day”. Priceless [laugh]

Cheers
    Soosh

Profile photo of kay-witkay-wit
    @kay-wit

Hi

I had an experience that I wish no one has. This happened when I was 19 I had gone to my girlfriend’s uncle’s place as her uncle and aunt were not there and was not supposed to come till late night and then I was supposed to have dinner with them once they came back.

Well, I got there and one thing led to another and we where “ being naughty” in the front room when all of a sudden we heard the door key turn and, there was uncle and aunt who came earlier than expected coz they did not go out as planned. We where stark naked and froze there for about 10 sec.

Trust me I don’t remember what happened after that. I think we went inside to cover ourselves up and then I did not speak a word till I had dinner with them. I was just laughing and nodding my head like an idiot and was red like a beetroot till I left the house. I just could not speak and my girlfriend was kicking me and shoving me to speak. But I just could not …

I have never been embarrassed so much and I think I will never forget that in my life time

And even after 5 years I can not see her uncle and aunt straight in the face and talk. I always try to avoid them…

[:I]

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

my story is more of a tale of being embarassed by someone…

i remember when i was eight and my younger brother and i were taken grocery shopping by my parents who were having their occasional bickering row as they did.

As we went through the isles of woolworths the muttered arguing continued until we got to the cereal isle and my father with his back turned mentioned something about ‘that time of the month’.
    my mother (with her super human hearing) standing at the other end of the isle picked up a kilo bag of flour and with the precision of an olympic javelin thrower launched the bag straight at him. Needless to say the whole isle went up in a cloud of white and we haven’t been back there since.
    proof i say parents really can scar their children…

cheers

e x

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Whoa,
    I have moments daily that could be considered embarrassing. The actual embarrassment feeling gland in my body must be all dried up, as I don’t get that red anymore.

Todays: My boss (electrician) asked me(cocky electrician) if I knew an easy way to fix Christmas Lights as his lights from home were stuffed……. eager to show off, I said “Don’t worry your pretty little head, I’ll handle it tonight on shift” with all the cockiness and condescension I could muster.
    3 hours later after splicing and hacking and soldering these swish electronic lights, I was just about done. So I decided to test them.
    I connect them to a power point and was unlucky (a bit careless actually) that a small wire was short circuited active to common.

KERBLAMMY……..woops

So I take the little black box apart again and spend two more hours resoldering joints and track. Then it was test 2.

Kerblammy Kerblammy……woops(2)

Anyways I had to conceede defeat as there was nothing left but a blackened smoldering birdsnest. And left this note for my boss in the morning:[blush2]

Dave,
    I tried fixing Christmas Lights and almost had all lights working and then…..BANGO.
    Sorry Man, Tell the family there will be no Christmas this year because I killed Santa

I had to cop it sweet, and the boys will have a field day tomorrow.[blink]

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Ooo, ooo. I have another from last weekend.

All the boys from work went out fishing on Port Phillip Bay . A dozen blokes and 4 boats.

Anyway as the day dragged on, and we were unable to catch anything worthwhile, We discussed a bit of skiing behind the boat….we had no skis or wakeboard or anything suitable……..except.

Well, as I am always eager for a bit of fun, and saw that there were a number of spectators in the other boats. I said

“Mick, pass that Esky lid. Glen, grab the duct tape.”

So, I strip down to my boxers and the lads proceed to mummify the esky lid to my chest with the tape.

I grab the rope and jump out the back and into the ocean.

“Righto, give it half speed”[biggrin]

Well, off the boat took dragging me behind. The esky lid didn’t have the characteristics needed to get above the water and I became a human anchor, gasping and flailing around.

Jim, who was driving the boat took this to mean “speed up”. This was the last straw for my boxers which slipped down to my knees……………….and then down to my ankles.[blush2]

So now you can visualise the scene as 3 boats and a dozen blokes are having fits of laughter as i try to hang on to my underwear with one toe. At this point the esky lid decides to lift up out of the water, And I begin to aqua plane over the waves. This became a problem for my little fella (it was a tad cold) as it was getting a pounding as i skimmed across the bay. Two white whales streaming along with an appendage that would not have been too dissimilar to the fishing lures used to catch barracouda.
    [blink]
    Suddenly realising that I was prime bait for any of the larger fish in the sea, I hollered out

“I think thats enough”

As I climbed back into the boat, stark naked with the esky lid taped to my front, I was glad that at least I know when a joke has gone too far. [cool4]

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of timtamtimtam
    @timtam

[lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][lmao][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]
    oh man.. that’s the best!

Tam

@sooshie

Holy Cow Batman!

These are sooo funny!

LMAO Sooshie [laugh]

Profile photo of Supa FreakSupa Freak
    @supa-freak

Ok, i can’t beat LifeX’es but this was embarressinggggg…
    After my fifth sambucca shot at the hubby’s work chrissie party ( week ago), i noticed his boss (who was vertically challenged) hanging around me and (i thought) trying to look down my top at my rather ample breasts! I had had enough (or too much) and the next time he came around i pulled open my top and shouted ” Here have a good look then!!” Well he did have a good look and then remarked “Oh, that’s turned me off choc buds for life”. Needless to say my hubby had to drag me home yelling and screaming, and threating the boss that i’d pull down his pants and put everyone of clinkers for life!!

@sooshie

[grin]LMAO
    (I used to love clinkers) Don’t think I’ll look at another one again without bursting out laughing.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hehehe, two separate occasions spring to mind straight away…
    taking my nice shopping (because she had been exceptionally good – and it was a deal we made with her), she was about 3 yrs old. A woman dropped a bag of dog kibble and it exploded all over the floor. As she tried to reduce the problem one little and very,very loud “Ahhh-maaahhh’ was screeched out by my nice. Embarassed we dragged her aropund the corner to get her to quieten down only to realise that she had descended from the shopping trolley and ducked around the corner and again shouted at the top of her lungs ‘Aaaahh-maaaaahh’ and now added a scolding look and pointing finger! Shortest shopping trip ever.

Item two was when I was still in school and wanted to buy some ferhueterlies (condoms). The young female shop assistant had noticed us circling the particular shelf and came over to see if she could assist us. Quietly I mentioned what I wanted, but for some unknown reason she became deaf at that moment and so my mate took it upon himself to help her out by announcing that we require condoms but can’t find the Magnums! Politely she queried “Magnums”? Where upon he made a fist and chopping action at the base of his elbow and repeated “Magnums, yes. Where are they?” Bright red, she left us and got the ‘Old’ seased shop assistant to help us out. I couldn’t leave because my friend blocked the only exit! By this stage “twinkies” would have been too big for me – I wanted to die!
    I can’t wait for when it’s my sons time, hahaha – I have very little shame left!!!!

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of Hux001Hux001
    @hux001

How about this one. I left the Property Investing Master Class yesterday in an ambulance! Then spent the next 8 hours in the Alfred Hospital having tests done for severe food poisoning.

That was some lunch, worst part is I missed the last part of the day because of the time spent in the toilet (if you follow what I mean).

Sorry Steve and Dave, I certainly didn’t intend having that sort of a day!

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Well, I have been looking at this forum for the last couple of days and have decided it is time that I sould share an embarrassing moment. OK here goes………..This is the story of how my Dad managed to embarrass my whole family!

We were on holidays and had stopped at Dubbo for a couple of days and decided to visit the Dubbo zoo. The zoo is so big you get a choice of walking around or hiring a bike, we decided to walk and started our trek around the zoo.
    On our way down the road to the next exhibit a family passed us on bikes, the two kids flyin past and then Mum….. then Dad on his bike with his safari shorts on polo shirt and safari hat socks pulled right up with sandals the whole works.
    He just got passed us and Dad let this ripper FART go off and I swear this fella on the bike in the safari shorts was so shocked and looked back so fast that he nearly fell off his bike, wobblin down the road out of control!

My family and I still have a laugh about it to this day and it was over ten years ago and it’s pretty ironic how that is one of the main things we remember about the holiday!!!

Well thats enough for me now, maybe think of another one later.
    Blondie

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Blondie Bec,
    As the mental image of your embrassing moment sinks it, it just gets funnier and funnier, i now have tears rolling down my face. The discription of the safari suited dude is side splitting…or where your dad’s concerned, something else splitting!!

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Hux,
    I hope you’re feeling better mate. I was the one with you before the ambo’s arrived. Glad to hear you’re back in the land of the living. You were pretty crook mate. I didn’t know whether to do ‘lamars’ or get the paddles out. “CLEAR ‘BOOM'”. Mouth to mouth was out of the question!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

What about when you’re a kid and your dad get’s to a stage in life where he just says “Screw it, I don’t care what people think of me anymore! I’m gonna wait for the kid doin the paper round in my jocks! I’m gonna walk around the house in a dressing gown that doesn’t quite close! I’m gonna make breakfast? Who wants sausage for breakfast?” When that sock starts dangling and you don’t care, you’ve got some serious questions you better start asking. You’re about to start worrying about your lawn! “I wonder how my lawn is? I better go out in my dressing gown and see how the lawn is”. Dad, what the f*#k is in your ear? Something very vital is in my dad’s ear. Could be my HECS money? When I was a kid, other kids would come up to me and say, ‘My dad can beat up your dad!’ I’d ask ‘when?’ He mows the lawn on Sundays?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.