All Topics / Help Needed! / Where…..where……where is the info!?!?!?!?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of myoungmyoung
    @myoung

Hi,
    I am very interested in postively geared property for several reasons, one of which is due to having a wife(full time at home, no income) and a company with accumulated tax credits just waiting to be used.
    At the moment I am spending lots of time reading and searching the web but realise i am looking for a needle in a haystack.

Can anyone point to me to where I can get info providing median property prices and median rent by postcode, I figure this is a good place to start to narrow my search. Don’t mind paying for the info. Primarily interested in Victoria but all states are on the mind.

Any help would be very much appreciated.[confused2]

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi myung
    The Australian Property Investor Magazine has this information,
    http://www.apimagazine.com.au/

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker
    Mobile Mortgage Market

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:0402483216
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of myoungmyoung
    @myoung

Thanks Steven,

I was going nuts looking at ABS, REIV etc.

Profile photo of scotty3scotty3
    @scotty3

You can also try this link:
    http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au/

Cheers,
    scotty3

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Hi Guys,

Has anyone purchased the “Best Growth Metro” report for NSW from Residex? I was thinking of buying this one to limit my search to a few key suburbs that were nearby but wanted some feedback on its usefulness before I put up for the $165.

Thanks,
    Michael.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi myoung,

You’re not my long-lost flatmate, are you? His name was Maurice – is that you? [biggrin]

Anyway since that is unlikely, I just wanted to add these – homepriceguide.com.au (no rents, but medians and averages on a month to month basis.

Then, there’s the “Aussie” website which has an Aussie Valuer section. This give 5 years worth of median values, and the median rental yield. The only thing I find infuriating about THIS site is that the data is said to be “current as of date of request” but is only updated every 3 months. Nevertheless, I’ve found it’s useful from time to time (and it MUST be due another update soon – the data hasn’t changed for at least 2 months. Oh, and it also includes THREE medians based on property quartiles (the lowest 25%, the middle 50%, and the top 25%). Very useful – if only it were date-stamped !!!!!!!!!

Good hunting
    Benny

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Benny,

Thanks for the Aussie Valuer reference, I like it. A nice free little snapshot of selected postcodes. Shame the rental yield isn’t averaged for the last 5 years, if it was I could calculate the “Rental Reality” based on Steve Navra’s approach and get my optimum buy price.

But great little site anyway.

Thanks,
    Michael

@benny

Hi all,

Since I’ve had a few requests to provide a link (it’s NOT intuitively easy to find – but Google came thru) – here it is.

http://www.eaussie.com.au/aussie_valuer.htm

Would those that emailed please accept this as my response to them (saves a lot of typing [biggrin]

Benny

@benny

For those using AussieValuer for the first time, let me add that the “current data” (AFAIK) probably relates to 30 Sep 04. The next update won’t be until mid Feb 05 (which should then be Dec 04) – but I’M GUESSING here.

And, if you haven’t found out yet, they only allow 5 requests per month to the site “to protect their data”. It helps to have a bit of patience, or more than one email address [biggrin]

Benny

Profile photo of myoungmyoung
    @myoung
    Originally posted by Benny:

Hi myoung,

You’re not my long-lost flatmate, are you? His name was Maurice – is that you? [biggrin]

Nope afraid not, never been a tenant, only a landlord[cigar]

Anyway since that is unlikely, I just wanted to add these – homepriceguide.com.au (no rents, but medians and averages on a month to month basis.

Then, there’s the “Aussie” website which has an Aussie Valuer section. This give 5 years worth of median values, and the median rental yield. The only thing I find infuriating about THIS site is that the data is said to be “current as of date of request” but is only updated every 3 months. Nevertheless, I’ve found it’s useful from time to time (and it MUST be due another update soon – the data hasn’t changed for at least 2 months. Oh, and it also includes THREE medians based on property quartiles (the lowest 25%, the middle 50%, and the top 25%). Very useful – if only it were date-stamped !!!!!!!!!

Good hunting
    Benny

Thanks for the info, very useful.[biggrin]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.