All Topics / Opinionated! / Too many repetative questions

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I’m noticing that there is continually the same questions being asked – wouldn’t it make sence to link a questions and answers site.

Key words can be directed to an archived area so if somebody had a question on “tennant insurance” it would go straight there.

With the interaction on this sight Steve and David could write a questions and answers book on realestates most commonly asked topics … my idea so give me the royalities please … remember the name RESIWEALTH its what we all want

Any way what do you think ?? i’m getting tired of answering the same (80%) questions … sort of.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I think it is purely because there is a continual influx on new people here…looking to follow the same path others have trod before them.

I know I had all those questions once and I suspect maybe even you too all those years ago Phil…..

Would be good if people used the search function first when they have a routine sort of question.

Kind regards,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    ***3 year fixed – 6.49%***

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Resiwealth, are you part of the KKK, because you seem very intolerant of everyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as you.
    Look if you don’t like the question…don’t answer it. People here are learning…i know you are past learning and know it all, but maybe you and your book should start your own forum for those who resemble eggs that is ‘full of themselves’

You just don’t get it ……

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by resiwealth:
    i’m getting tired of answering the same (80%) questions … sort of.

Then stop answering them!!! Too easy!!! [biggrin]

If people are too lazy to make use of the “search” function on this site, what hope do they have in making educated investment decisions, aside from picking the brains of people like you and me in the hope that we will make such decisions for them???

Resi, when you’ve had enough, like most of us….you’ll stop answering. Thesedays, I still reply to PMs and emails, but in time, this too will wear thin, and I will resort to disenabling both functions.

I’m a great believer in not feeding someone a fish to satisfy their appetite for one day, but rather, teaching them to fish for themselves, and sustain their own future.

Jo

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

ZEN TIME,
    Who learns more? The student or the teacher?

One of the final stages in learning anything is the process of explaining it to someone else.

Why deny people this opportunity to reinforce what they know.

Or, in my case a lot of the time, attempt to explain something that I misunderstood the first time and have someone correct me. (I apologise for any infuriation I have caused playing accountant in the legal/accountant section).

Yeah I know that you shouldn’t give people financial advice lightly [devil]but if you are fool enough to take info gained on a forum from a stranger you don’t know from a bar of soap with a cartoon face and a strange collection of letters as a name, then there is a bigger life lesson coming than beleiving incorrect info and not checking it out.

I say ask away.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe I could turn all the FAQs into a third book… think of the royalties [wink4]

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of CalderCalder
    Participant
    @calder

Sometimes it is not laziness, it is just that people don’t know where to start looking. Give all the beginners a break. It’s like L plate drivers & P plate drivers. We all have to start somewhere, and sometimes we can do (ask) questions that may seem like “here we go again” to many of the forum contributors. Remember that we have made a start by joining this forum and are ASKING questions, always the first step.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Thanks Steve its nice to see that you got the point, the other replys went off in another tangent once again which happens often here(except Simon)

Anybody who knows me will tell you the ammount of time i spend teaching young people how to succeed, the point i was trying to make is that a commonly asked question could be redirected to a common answer area and then we could focus on some possitive get ahead stratagies.

As Simon said people don’t seem to use the search functions to their intention which is a shame – i love teaching and have been doing so for many years i would appreciate if people read the post correctly as Steve did before shooting the messenger …

Phil [tired]

Profile photo of CalderCalder
    Participant
    @calder

Right again resiwealth. Sorry about the over-reaction. Sometimes we jump in defensively without going away and thinking or re-reading the question. Is it our (my) guilty conscience, or just insecurities?

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Maybe, on a technical side, when members sign up, as part of the “welcome email” that they get sent, they are ADVISED to try a search on the forum, before posting on a topic……

It IS tiring seeing the same ol questions, but I do understand that we have a constant influx of newbies here….. And I don’t mind helping em out….. As was mentioned above, sometimes you learn new things in the teaching of others…..

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Perhaps that would be a greatr thing to put on an opening screen! Once logged on……

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Hi resi. I see your point, but imagine what would this site be without questions… repetitive questions.
    Deserted comes to mind.

Questions as much as they seem all the same, are the product of a unique person that is in the market with a purpose. In other words, questions are a barometer of the market and reading them gives us a rare insight of how people read the market.

The answers to all those questions are also a great indicator since they usually come from more experienced people who will disclose how they themselves read the market indicators, yet another useful tell tale.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yes Marc you have a good point you can read the market with the type of questions that are comming in.

I sort of think that there are two sides to this storey or post, one is that there may be a standard question and answer and secondly another level of practiced realities.

I know there are millions of questions but are there millions of topics to match them (i doubt it if u get my drift). If 100 people read the same book there would be more than a 100 interperations …

Profile photo of clintdbclintdb
    Participant
    @clintdb

I think the last two posts (from Marc1 and resiwealth) are getting closer to what’s needed.

Some sort of common area (whether by search or by listing) where people can find generic information (“how do you calculate the 11 second rule?” for example) and then people swing into the forum itself and ask a more specific question which is then either answered or ignored depending on how people feel at the time.

BTW, I have question that I don’t think has been asked before….

In which suburbs do I find +cf properties? [wiseguy]

Clint

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Ive suggested for a forum I moderate in (with many thousands of users) that there be a Search and FAQ exercise rolled into the registration process. Account only becomes active after a demonstrated ability in both activities has been completed.

“Use the search fucnction to find how many results when the word Masterclass is used” The exercise is coded to count how man results pop up (dynamic) and bob’s your uncle…

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner
    Originally posted by Gramyre:

… a Search and FAQ exercise rolled into the registration process.
    “Use the search fucnction to find how many results when the word Masterclass is used” The exercise is coded to count how man results pop up (dynamic) and bob’s your uncle…

That assumes that people don’t use the search facility because they don’t know how to.
    Reality is a bit different.

a)People join a forum to interact with others not just to find and answer written down.
    b) the search facility does not always work like we would like it to.
    c) You cannot tell the search facility your story and expect it to respond.

The principle to apply here is to give in order to recieve, and many people in this forum are well aware of this and are generous with their knowledge with the others, knowing they will be rewarded in the great scheme of things.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Actually there is no assumption there. It is just setting a prerequisite for registration that ensures that a basic is covered. Like a driving test if you will.

I know I can, I know I can

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i agree with marc – leave it as it is – and dont answer them if you dont want to…

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

All,

As I’m still “finding my forum feet”, I’m probably one of those new users to whom this thread applies and who is most at risk of fault in this regard. I do, however, see the merits in both arguments. I tend to agree with Marc that this is a “forum” and is meant to foster discussion. It would be unfair to suggest to new members that they’re not entitled to have a discussion on a topic that has already been discussed. This almost says that forums have a “used by” date at which point everything has been discussed so no more posts are allowed. This would also suggest that the forum exists solely for the benefit of established members who got here first. They get to pose the obvious questions first and benefit from the dialogue, and as the forum matures, they only see new topics come up that they haven’t already participated in and are saved from having to screen threads safe in the knowldge that they’re not repetitive.

However, specific “black and white” questions around formula or terms should be answered using the search engine IMO. There seems to be a lot of posts lately asking what the 11 second guide is. I did a quick search when I first saw the term used and, viola, found a dozen threads describing the test and its application. I think this doesn’t occur enough.

So, my suggestion would be to leave the forum unchanged, but maybe re-inforce to new members more fervently that they should search before posing specific questions with simple black and white answers. The situational questions should continue to be acceptable forum discussion topics.

Sincerely,
    Michael.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.