All Topics / Value Adding / newbies first subdivision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of verrallverrall
    @verrall

Hi everyone,

Just after a point in the right direction. I have a property next door to me (Ipswich) that I want to buy, 1350m2, and subdivide it. It is not for sale, and I believe it is a government owned house with a tennant in place.

Could I get some guidence, first of all on how to find out who does own it, and anything after that would be very much appreciated.

If anyone needs any info on the Ipswich area, just let me know. The latest API mag has just promoted it as the next big thing.

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

It might be a little hard buying it if it’s not for sale.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi verral,
    in WA I’d send an email to the Gov. Generals Office and do a search on the property address. It costs about $7.95 per title or $30 for a suburb. Don’t quote me on those prices!
    These reports then detail the varying owners (since 1980 I think), sales price and house and land description. Most I have had are 98% accurate! Errors included Carport mistacken/ noted as garage.
    Don’t let the not for sale thing throw you. As long as it isn’t illegal to approach the owner with an offer, the sky is the limit. I have met a couple of guys that target houses that aren’t listed for sale and they have had a 30% success rate so far. All they did is find a house that fits their desired profile and then they approach the owners. If they say no, you are no worse off than you are now!

Food for thought.

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Nice one Ozi….
    Very helpful too…………

You can do a search of the title through the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, where title details are recorded in Queensland.

You will have to pay for it.
    It would be best to query this direct with them.

Alternatively, if you have a friendly RE agent in your team, or a conveyancing agent, you can get the search organised through them.

Then you can contact the owner direct, or have your agent contact them to check if it might available for sale.

Good idea though…and good luck with the search..

KP

Profile photo of SpankySpanky
    @spanky

Has anyone got any info on ways to obtain similar info on specific properties in NSW?? i.e. who the owner is, what it has sold for previously etc. Is there an agency or government department that would be able to help me??

Cheers,
    Spank

Age doesn’t negate effort – you can never be too young or too old.

Profile photo of verrallverrall
    @verrall

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.