All Topics / Legal & Accounting / NSW Solicitor/Conveyencor for Queensland property?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of DavidMDavidM
    @davidm

I’d appreciate some advice as to whether or not a NSW solictor/conveyancor is able to process IP purchases in Queensland.
    Many thanks
    David
    [confused2]

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

They could, but unless they’re doing it regularly there are a couple of different steps in the process albeit to end up with the same result.

You could try the Law Society and see if they know of any or use a solicitor up close to the Qld border who probably could be familiar with conveyancing in both states.

Profile photo of DavidMDavidM
    @davidm

Thanks CRJ,
    I made the decision to use local knowledge rather than hoping it would work from afar.
    David

Profile photo of sulosulo
    @sulo

Good decission.
    I was under the impression the seller’s solicitor has to meet up with the buyer’s solicitor. Choosing local helps.

Profile photo of steve54123steve54123
    @steve54123

We used a local guy (NSW) for our QLD property… Never again, he had to subcontract a QLD guy and long story short, to-and-fro-to-and-fro!, the deal at one point was at risk of falling through because of the time it takes four people to do the job one person should do.

Go local. The QLD law society was a great help for us too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.